Best recent tv series

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SlapheadGiraffe

Posting Machine
Jun 21, 2016
Ah bollox. Just deleted everything after episode 3 of Mr Robot to free up some space.
Even worse, the Mrs hasn't noticed yet!

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Narcos

great watch glad they will continue it after Escobar's death, next season is how the Cali cartel floods america with white powder.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Westworld starts Sunday, I hope that'll be my favourite recent.

Luke Cage is released to Netflix tonight too so no doubt that'll be binged the fuck out of next week.

diet butcher

Purple Member
Jan 19, 2015
Another vote for Mr. Robot. Gonna start season 2 soon. After that I think I will go with Narcos.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Oo oo oooo, The Night Of was really decent. Harrowing, but extremely well written and acted. I need to see the original Brit version to see how it compares.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
StartUp is a pretty good lessor known tv series that came out recently.

The Expanse is a really good sci fi show.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
StartUp is a pretty good lessor known tv series that came out recently.

The Expanse is a really good sci fi show.
This piqued my interest because of Martin Freeman, I really need to check it out.

My favourite of the just released shows has to be Cinemax's Quarry. Pretty gritty show that feels like an HBO show. (read lots of nudity and violence).

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
This piqued my interest because of Martin Freeman, I really need to check it out.

My favourite of the just released shows has to be Cinemax's Quarry. Pretty gritty show that feels like an HBO show. (read lots of nudity and violence).
I agree Quarry looks good, but too early to really give it a rating with only 3 episodes.

hit4me4

Given out tokes like it ain't no thing
Oct 24, 2015
You're the Worst is one of my favorite shows. It's crude and not for everyone, but it is brilliant.

As every one has said, Stranger Things is great.

Crazy Ex Girlfriend

Rick and Morty

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Westworld starts Sunday, I hope that'll be my favourite recent.

Luke Cage is released to Netflix tonight too so no doubt that'll be binged the fuck out of next week.
Saw westworld today looks interesting seems like total recall+blade runner. Needs a flaccid penis to officially be an HBO show.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015

Quarry is a cool show wish the knick was back but they sodeberg quit.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Saw westworld today looks interesting seems like total recall+blade runner. Needs a flaccid penis to officially be an HBO show.
It's just a delight having Hopkins on TV and it was a great start.

I was busy at the weekend so I've not caught up on Friday's Quarry yet but Ash v Evil Dead was as per usual absolute quality!

Cheers for the reminder of The Knick, I've not seen season 2 yet.

SlapheadGiraffe

Posting Machine
Jun 21, 2016
If you guys can watch The Fall it's superb.
It's a BBC one from the UK so I don't know if you all can see it but if you can, don't miss it!

jasonhightower

"You're not even training are you Frenchy?"
Jan 2, 2017
Here are a few I found to be really good:

OA
Narcos
Peaky Blinders
WestWorld

Older ones:
Boardwalk Empire
The Wire
Sopranos
House of Cards
Breaking Bad

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The missing is good

I saw people talking about it on Facebook and realized I'd already missed season 1. Definitely worth a watch, season 2 was really good

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I just watched the debut season of The Get Down on Netflix, and even though it was intentionally kind of cheesy in ways, I thought it was great!

Another series I just watch which was a documentary style series on Netflix was Fearless, about the Brazilian bull riders. That was fucking fantastic!
That was a great watch..Last Chance U was great too...Pacheco will be a PBR legend..he's got like 51% ride success rate going this season last time I checked

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Dude I had no idea the Brazilians took over bullriding. I didnt even know they held rodeos.
I want to say they started to find success about 20 years ago. Massive beef industry = lots of cowboys. Listening to the announcers butcher the Brazilian names cracks me up.

I've watched rodeos since I was a kid. Didn't know that series existed, I'll definitely be checking it out.