General best song out of these 3 ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

best rock song out of these 3 ?

• Freebird

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Hotel California

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Stairway to heaven

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
M

member 3289

I would've voted for Freebird all the same, but you should've included American Pie.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Hotel California has to be one of the most overplayed songs along with Queens big hits. Radio ruined it.

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
Hotel California has to be one of the most overplayed songs along with Queens big hits. Radio ruined it.
the eagles get a lot of shit, especially after that one movie.

but hotel california is a GREAT song

its over played for a reason

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Gimme Free Bird.

Great guitar work. Perfect tempo transitions. Solid lyrics.

Stairway is incredible, but the argument that it's "borrowed" moves it out of the #1 slot.

Hotel is solid. Solo makes that tune. But not at the level of the other 2.

M

member 1013

Gimme Free Bird.

Great guitar work. Perfect tempo transitions. Solid lyrics.

Stairway is incredible, but the argument that it's "borrowed" moves it out of the #1 slot.

Hotel is solid. Solo makes that tune. But not at the level of the other 2.
Did you learn to play the duelling solo yet?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
they tried to do the same with Freebird and with Stairway, but even the single version of Freebird is almost 5 minutes. And the missing 4 minutes is probably the best part. :) those two songs are 8-9 minute architectures, and it's impossible to edit Stairway without chopping a leg off.

Hotel is over 6 minutes, but it's really just a longer intro and a longer guitar solo over a standard 4m track.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
considering some 'best' live version of Freebird puts it in #1 spot. The song is built to showcase the triple-headed guitar monster, and when you have King/Rossington/Collins doing whatever feels right...whatever you get is so fucking right.

As much as I lover Stairway, it's not made to showcase Bonham or his unique ability to mix power and groove.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
considering some 'best' live version of Freebird puts it in #1 spot. The song is built to showcase the triple-headed guitar monster, and when you have King/Rossington/Collins doing whatever feels right...whatever you get is so fucking right.

As much as I lover Stairway, it's not made to showcase Bonham or his unique ability to mix power and groove.
Agreed. I don't even know that Stairway is in my Top 10 Zep songs.