Sports Best Sports Teams Ever

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
nobody is Iowa.
Penn State and Ok State are right there with them year in and year out..Ohio state of late..Gables Iowa teams were more dominant than today's Iowa squads but this Iowa team could be 1 of the best in years.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Penn State and Ok State are right there with them year in and year out..Ohio state of late..Gables Iowa teams were more dominant than today's Iowa squads but this Iowa team could be 1 of the best in years.
if you want to make a case for Iowa wrestling as the Greatest Sports Team Ever...they have 23 National Championships. They hold 6 of the Top 10 highest Scores of all time, including the top 4 spots. In 1997, they put up 170 points. The best that OK State or Penn St have ever put up is 153 and 147, respectively.

They won 25 consecutive Big 10 Championships. Dan Gable's winning percentage is 93%, over a 21 year career...multiple Olympic and World Champions...all without a hint of controversy.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
If you grew up a Jays fan, you have more attachment to the 92 team, but sweet fucking Jesus the 93 team was something else.
why so for the 92 team? I watched the 93 Series with my Dad. just sat there dumb-founded.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
why so for the 92 team? I watched the 93 Series with my Dad.
Obviously free agency and trades are a thing that happen, but the 92 team was a lot of guys that came up through the organization or at least had been acquired on the beginning of their upswing.

The 93 team went out and got Paul Molitor and fucking Ricky Henderson, lol.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
if you want to make a case for Iowa wrestling as the Greatest Sports Team Ever...they have 23 National Championships. They hold 6 of the Top 10 highest Scores of all time, including the top 4 spots. In 1997, they put up 170 points. The best that OK State or Penn St have ever put up is 153 and 147, respectively.

They won 25 consecutive Big 10 Championships. Dan Gable's winning percentage is 93%, over a 21 year career...multiple Olympic and World Champions...all without a hint of controversy.
Iowa is def 1 greatest teams ever... like I said they were more dominant during gables run though..Penn State has been the team over the last decade but I think Iowa beats them in a dual and tournament wise this year

GO BIG RED!!!

last 100
Oct 17, 2015
if you're looking for people to chime in on an MMA forum to disparage wrestling as a competitive sport....might be a while.

here's Nebraska's Jake Stoll exhibiting all of the integrity we can expect in a Scott Frost 'led' team.

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1200529026223353856

I put 'led' in quotes because here's what he had to say about his team after the loss to Iowa. The 8-3, #17 Iowa Hawkeyes, to whom they gave up almost 200 yds of offense in the first quarter, and lost on a 48 yd field goal with time expiring...

"I inherited a team that has weak confidence."

LoL. but on the positive side, only having weak professional character still puts him ahead of Lawrence Phillips, another star of the 1995 team.
He was a known woman-beater while he played at Nebraska, but Tom Osborne got him out jams while he was winning football games and contending for a Heisman. Remember when he broke in to Scott Frost's apartment and beat Scott's girlfriend (Lawrences's ex-gf) in front of him, and then Scott watched while Lawrence grabbed her by her hair and dragged her down 3 flights of stairs? Aside from being another shining example of Scott Frost's character, don't forget that Tom Osborne re-instated Phillips in to the program because "punishing him would only make him worse".

Seriously, that was how adept Tom was at keeping his moral compass oriented at "Winning".
thats the best/worst you can come up with? at least get half the story straight next time. shit i can name several other players at nu worse then lp. and i wasnt disparaging wrestling i was disparaging iowa. you have great dirttack racing tho.