General Biden announces 10-year deadline to remove all lead pipes nationwide

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
That money is not going to be even close to enough

Milwaukee, Wisconsin – President Biden on Tuesday announced $2.6 billion in funding to replace all lead pipes in the United States as part of a new EPA rule that will require lead pipes to be identified and replaced within 10 years using the new funding from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Act.

The EPA estimates that nine million homes in the U.S. still have lead pipes. The city of Milwaukee, where Mr. Biden is making the announcement, has 65,000 lead pipes, which the city says will cost an estimated $700 million to remove.

"We're here today because we're finally addressing an issue that should have been addressed a long time ago in this country — the danger that lead pipes pose to our drinking water," Mr. Biden said. "For too long, local communities have known how important it was to deal with this problem. It hadn't been given the national priority that it demanded though. I'm here today to tell you that I'm finally insisting that it gets prioritized and I'm insisting it get done."

The president said this effort is about "fairness," and nearly half of the funding will go to disadvantaged communities "that have borne the brunt of lead pipe poisoning for damn too long."

Fan_of_Fanboys

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
I skimmed the article but I didn't see what they require it will be replaced with. Copper? PVC or some variation? How will the lead pipes be disposed? Do the poor black people pay out of pocket and file a claim for reimbursement? Or will the government pay private companies directly? What safeguards are in place to ensure people are not replacing damaged non-lead pipes on tax payers dime?

supersonic

Sep 4, 2015
My prediction, five years into the 10 year plan a total of about 30' of lead pipe will have been replaced and the money will be gone.

Ramon Maroni

Aug 13, 2024
I skimmed the article but I didn't see what they require it will be replaced with. Copper? PVC or some variation? How will the lead pipes be disposed? Do the poor black people pay out of pocket and file a claim for reimbursement? Or will the government pay private companies directly? What safeguards are in place to ensure people are not replacing damaged non-lead pipes on tax payers dime?
LOL

like there is any thought at all into this

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
It's virtue signaling, there is no issue with lead pipes as long as the water source is treated properly with orthophosphate. That's what happened in flint, they changed their water source to save money and never treated the water correctly.

Discomboobulated

Mama Mia
Jul 17, 2021
ask-me-no-further-questions-i-will-not-answer-spock.gif

sparkuri

Pulse on the finger of The Cimmunity
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
There is nothing relayed by Biden from the Derp State that doesn't have an ulterior & nefarious purpose.
Just off the top of my head:

- Creates tyrannical control over homes purchased, derivitives being DEI & LEED certified construction & replacements, their associated base materials, contracts & government "oversight".
- Insurance fine print
- Tax-related fine print
- Home seizure/foreclosures based on non-compliance
- Creating grounds for "safety-related" imminent domain seizures
- Micro-plastic or publicly unknown dangerous replacement material
- "Smart technology" monitoring
- If other material replacement eg copper, insider trading & international price controls(think "coin shortage".
- Virtue signaling being a distant voter manipulation

100% by any measure, not that it needs to be said, has zero to do with "health" or benevolence.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
That money is not going to be even close to enough

Milwaukee, Wisconsin – President Biden on Tuesday announced $2.6 billion in funding to replace all lead pipes in the United States as part of a new EPA rule that will require lead pipes to be identified and replaced within 10 years using the new funding from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Act.

The EPA estimates that nine million homes in the U.S. still have lead pipes. The city of Milwaukee, where Mr. Biden is making the announcement, has 65,000 lead pipes, which the city says will cost an estimated $700 million to remove.

"We're here today because we're finally addressing an issue that should have been addressed a long time ago in this country — the danger that lead pipes pose to our drinking water," Mr. Biden said. "For too long, local communities have known how important it was to deal with this problem. It hadn't been given the national priority that it demanded though. I'm here today to tell you that I'm finally insisting that it gets prioritized and I'm insisting it get done."

The president said this effort is about "fairness," and nearly half of the funding will go to disadvantaged communities "that have borne the brunt of lead pipe poisoning for damn too long."

Typical election-time pandering. They have zero intentions to fix anything.

MXR

Sep 23, 2024
To save money and get the job done they should hire all the illegals to do it .