Society Biden gonna cancel 10k+ in student debt

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
"Well, sir. Half the people want no debt forgiveness and half of them want full debt forgiveness."

Okay. Let's come up with an amount that will make nobody happy.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Seriously though. If you're going to do debt forgiveness it should just be a one time handout of $10k to everyone.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
10K will just cover some interest right?

and yes, I want my debt relief as well please now

I could use a biden boost

Last edited:

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Good on people for trying to better themselves and good for America for encouraging that behaviour.

Is seeking out more skills and opportunities something that should encouraged?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You sound like an angry med school graduate with $300k in student loan debt
Truth.
But also I was being serious. Those that are fucked have a 100k in debt for a 4 year degree, no well to do parents subsidizing their educational cost, and are mostly black.

10k helps those with the least debt burden and the largest amounts of generational wealth.

M

member 3289

Truth.
But also I was being serious. Those that are fucked have a 100k in debt for a 4 year degree, no well to do parents subsidizing their educational cost, and are mostly black.

10k helps those with the least debt burden and the largest amounts of generational wealth.
The Dems wanted $50k. Do you think Biden is compromising because he thinks the GOP will block anything higher than $10k?

I'm trying to understand the logic of the move.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
They better not be given money to people with Performing arts, Liberal arts, Music, or Fashion design majors.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The Dems wanted $50k. Do you think Biden is compromising because he thinks the GOP will block anything higher than $10k?

I'm trying to understand the logic of the move.

"Guys this is all I can do under executive order. If you can give us the Senate in November we can do the whole 50k"

Also maybe it's just dementia
Also maybe some involvement of percentages instead of raw numbers on forgiveness would be more equitable.
Forget 50%. Or even 50% or 10k whichever is higher or whatever. But surely there's a better way to do this then just some number that's arbitrary and doesn't help the most.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
10K will just cover some interest right?

and yes, I want my debt relief as well please now

I could use a biden boost
My college debt was like 8 racks but I had grants and a few scholarships that 10k might barely cover like one semester. I went to college like in 2007 it is probably way more expensive now.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
10k will wipe out my freshman year college debt, but little else. It's a good precedent, but not even a half measure. Sometimes I think the primary Democrat logic is "we're gonna do this so at least you can't say we never did anything!"

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
10k will wipe out my freshman year college debt, but little else. It's a good precedent, but not even a half measure. Sometimes I think the primary Democrat logic is "we're gonna do this so at least you can't say we never did anything!"
More about money for the rich/banks than it is for the student's quality of life.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
More about money for the rich/banks than it is for the student's quality of life.
Yep. Colleges will also just keep raising prices anyway. Making billions and millions from sports and even more from taxpayers just can't pay the bills I guess.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Yep. Colleges will also just keep raising prices anyway. Making billions and millions from sports and even more from taxpayers just can't pay the bills I guess.
Instead of hating you should see the opportunity and open up a TMMAC posting excellence college.

There are plenty severely unskilled posters here in need of help.

I could be a guest Prof to boost your profile and international prestige.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Not sure how it works exactly in Murica - I assume similar, just more cuntish - but in Straya, the amount you pay is based on the amount you earn, and there is a minimum you have to earn that full-time low-wage or part-time workers don't reach.

So the trick is that you just remain poor and homeless forever, and you never have to pay a cent back. Take that, gubment!

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Not sure how it works exactly in Murica - I assume similar, just more cuntish - but in Straya, the amount you pay is based on the amount you earn, and there is a minimum you have to earn that full-time low-wage or part-time workers don't reach.

So the trick is that you just remain poor and homeless forever, and you never have to pay a cent back. Take that, gubment!
The way it works in America is that you borrow whatever amount the school says is tuition and you have to pay it all back. If you go broke and declare bankruptcy and like lose your house and like wipe all your debt clean and shit. Well, you still have to pay back anything owed on student loans or to the IRS. Because fuck yo.... I mean, because the government cares.