Big Ben threatened with more time

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
USADA are degenerates.

Rothwell battled dark times, USADA to get back into the Octagon
Almost three years passed between losses to Junior dos Santos and Blagoy Ivanov for Ben Rothwell, who returns to the Octagon, this time after only four months, against Andrei Arlovski at Fight Night San Antonio this Saturday. What transpired for Rothwell during those 35 months was both dark and harrowing.

Almost three years passed between losses to Junior dos Santos and Blagoy Ivanov for Ben Rothwell, who returns to the Octagon, this time after only four months, against Andrei Arlovski at Fight Night San Antonio this Saturday.

What transpired for Rothwell during those 35 months was both dark and harrowing.

The 37-year-old tested positive for an anabolic androgenic steroid of exogenous origin in out-of-competition tests conducted on February 6, 2017, and February 15, 2017.

Rothwell protested against the sanctions, but ultimately accepted a two-year suspension from USADA, especially considering it was made clear to him that if he tried to fight the ruling, they would make the ban longer.

“I was going through medical problems, I was being treated by doctors and USADA didn’t agree with the treatments and for 15 months we fought,” Rothwell told the TSN MMA Show. “I had two board certified endocrinologists, I had a Wisconsin State Athletic Commission doctor all fighting with USADA about my medical condition. The first TUE (Therapeutic Use Exemption), they came back, the doctors rebutted everything and USADA came up with a whole other set of reasons of what was wrong and they rebutted those too and they just said ‘you know what, this is how it is and if you want to go to arbitration, we’re going to give you a four-year suspension.”

Continued

Ben Rothwell battled dark times, USADA to get back into the Octagon - TSN.ca

Last edited:

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
USDA should be renamed URCUNTED unless you’re Jon Jones
Fucking Big Ben got fukt

M

member 1013

USADA is a sideshow within the sideshow dat is da UFC.

Sideshow squared

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
usada made more of a mess out of drug testing than the nsac ever did

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Was that the first time he tested positive for something? Seems to me there was another failed test in his past, prior to USADA.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Was that the first time he tested positive for something? Seems to me there was another failed test in his past, prior to USADA.
First failure.

Brandon Vera once again finds himself entangled in an Ultimate Fighting Championship(UFC) substance abuse issue.

Earlier today (Oct. 3, 2013) it was revealed that Ben Rothwell -- the man who knocked out "The Truth" at UFC 164 last month in Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- was suspended by world's leading mixed marital arts (MMA) promotion after it detected his testosterone levels were elevated beyond an acceptable limit.

"Big Ben" informed MMAJunkie.com that UFC, not Wisconsin Athletic Commission (WSAC), suspended him nine months for the infraction. One that puzzles Rothwell, who claims he followed all proper testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) exemption protocols prior to the Heavyweight bout

But, apparently, the levels were too high for UFC officials, who decided to bench him until June 1, 2014, even though WSAC initially let him off with a warning.

Rothwell explains:

"Following my victory at UFC 164 I was informed I tested for an elevated level of testosterone. This came as a shock because I had applied for and was granted a TRT exemption and was doing so under the supervision of a doctor. I was tested every week for eight weeks prior to the fight and was well under the acceptable level each time. I had applied for TRT after an endocrinologist and Wisconsin athletic doctors diagnosed me with hypogonadism. They felt it was caused by a car crash in 1999 that left me with severe head trauma and in a coma. Doctors told me TRT was something that could stop the hypogonadism from degrading my body. After getting the news of the elevated test, I spoke with the Wisconsin Athletic Commission and they decided to give me an administrative warning. I was told they didn't think I tried to cheat, but felt some punishment was necessary. I have now been informed the UFC has elected to suspend me for nine months. I am not going to fight the suspension as I feel ultimately it is my responsibility to make sure I stay under the acceptable limit. I am deeply sorry for this mistake and apologize to my fans, family and friends."

continued

UFC Suspends Rothwell 9 Months For Testosterone

more about the accident.

Fifteen years ago, a drunk driver left Ben Rothwell for dead. The Kenosha cage fighter–34-9 in mixed-martial arts (MMA), 1-0 against the Grim Reaper–now fights for a shot at the UFC heavyweight title.
The long, rocky road to stardom started on the road to his parents’ house. “He was driving a Ford 250,” Rothwell remembers. “I was driving a Hyundai Elantra. I didn’t stand much of a chance.”

Tomorrow looked bright the day Ben Rothwell went dark. Three weeks earlier, the 17-year-old had entered, and won, his first amateur MMA tournament. In Cedar Rapids that summer, he witnessed his future at UFC 21, meeting several fighters and hearing his life’s calling over the roar of the crowd. After screwing around in high school, martial arts had screwed Rothwell’s head back on straight. He was coming from a good place, literally and figuratively, that terrible night.

“We were coming home from, of all things, a church festival,” Rothwell tells Breitbart Sports. “I was turning into my driveway at my parents’ house. He was driving a Ford 250 approximately 110 miles-an-hour. He knocked down a tree. On that impact, my friend was on the wrong side.” The crash sent Rothwell into a coma, broke several ribs, and left his head battered. Ben’s buddy wasn’t so fortunate, subsequently dying from his injuries.

The car that killed Ben’s friend stopped. Passengers swiftly surveyed the scene. And just as hastily, they departed it. They unwittingly left a souvenir from their death ride for the police. Rothwell notes, “The license plate fell off in my yard.”

At 17, after being abandoned on the side of the road, Ben faced a crossroads. “I was desperately searching for something,” the heavyweight remembers. “I knew then what I know now. I knew I was going to be one of the best fighters in the world. To not show the world that–it bothered me so much. As hurt as I was, I got back into training.”

In 2001, less than two years after surviving a deadly automobile accident, Rothwell debuted professionally. He coaxed a first-round corner stoppage after administering punishment. “I was happy making a $1,000,” the 260-pounder reminisces about his early fights on the MMA circuit. He fought for low to next-to-no pay and made ends meet working in a body shop, in construction, and waiting tables. Not until 25 fights into his career, when the pay enabled him to quit his day jobs, did Ben consider himself a professional. He made $10,000 knocking out Dan Bobish in Columbus, Ohio in 2006. “Guys are complaining about working 40 hours a week,” Rothwell says of up-and-coming MMA fighters. “Cry me a river. I paid my dues.”

continued

Left for Dead by Drunk Driver, Kenosha's Comeback Kid Courts UFC Title Fight | Breitbart

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Truth

I'm trying to be willfully ignorant on this one. Ben is a guy I really like more than most fighters. Humble, interacts online, comes to fight. Due to be being extremely disappointed by multiple fighters in the past, fighters failing drug test, I don't want to read their excuses because that's all they ever seem to be, excuses.

If someone wants to give me short cliff notes that might make me feel he is innocent on this, go ahead and tag me in your comment so I can come back and read it. Otherwise, I leave here with less admiration for Ben than what I had a few years back.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Truth

I'm trying to be willfully ignorant on this one. Ben is a guy I really like more than most fighters. Humble, interacts online, comes to fight. Due to be being extremely disappointed by multiple fighters in the past, fighters failing drug test, I don't want to read their excuses because that's all they ever seem to be, excuses.

If someone wants to give me short cliff notes that might make me feel he is innocent on this, go ahead and tag me in your comment so I can come back and read it. Otherwise, I leave here with less admiration for Ben than what I had a few years back.
Everything I've read or watched about Ben makes me like him.

I'm not here to make judgement or force my opinion on others, I'm just providing the articles so you can make up your own mind.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I started to read the article, quit half way in. Once it started to sound like he was making excuses, it seemed all too familiar and not in a good way so I stopped reading so I can be willfully ignorant and continue to support him.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
I like Ben and really wanted him to beat JDS and get his shot. He has been caught juicing more than once though, hard to feel sorry for him.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
If there's one thing Big Ben knows, it's time.

So a little more of it shouldn't make any difference ;)

Venum Shill

https://www.venum.com/
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Ben Rothwell looks like he definitely eats a lot of Slim Jim's and exclusively drinks PBR and Code Red Mtn Dew