'Biggest change' for Anthony Pettis will be not fighting on same card as his brother anymore

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
'Biggest change' for Anthony Pettis will be not fighting on same card as his brother anymore - MMA Fighting

Anthony Pettis has watched his loss toRafael dos Anjos five times. He still is not completely sure what went wrong, only that he felt mentally out of it from the moment he landed in Dallas.

One thing Pettis does know? He never wants to fight on the same card as his brother Sergio again. At UFC 185 on March 15, Sergio was knocked out byRyan Benoit on the prelims. Later on, Pettis lost his UFC lightweight title by unanimous decision to dos Anjos, who completely dominated the bout.

"The biggest thing I think I'm gonna change is me and my little bro fighting on the same card," Pettis told Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour. "The first time it went amazing, the second time not so well. He got knocked out, I had to watch that and get up mentally for my fight. Not making excuses or nothing, but them little things could have triggered my performance.........."

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Pettis did look pretty off in that fight. like it wasnt even close he was just getting hammered the whole fight. He seemed to have nothing for RDA. Didn't seem like him in the fight. He didnt seem like he was mentally into the fight much.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Pettis did look pretty off in that fight. like it wasnt even close he was just getting hammered the whole fight. He seemed to have nothing for RDA. Didn't seem like him in the fight. He didnt seem like he was mentally into the fight much.
He did. Does make you wonder how seeing his brother dominate for 2 1/2 rounds and then get KO'd effected him. Not saying it's why he lost the fight, but it had to have messed with his head a bit.