Biggest UFC shill (MMA media)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Biggest UFC shill

• John Morgan

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Kevin Iole

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
I like Junkie on fight nights
They do a great job
I'm trying to think of who else is even a true, full-featured MMA news outlet anymore.

Crave has largely scaled back the funding for Sherdog and they have fired a bunch of people, so that site is a shadow of its former self.

I guess there's Bloody Elbow and MMA Weekly as well, but I'm not sure how much original reporting they're doing and how many stories they break.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Can't blame a journalist for playing nice with the UFC though - it's a tough business unless you've established your name like Ariel did.
All mma journalists dream on the day they're established like Ariel so they don't have to go crying to get on the ufc's good side.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I guess there's Bloody Elbow and MMA Weekly as well, but I'm not sure how much original reporting they're
MMA Weekly is as corrupt as they come, no different than Junkie.
Remember neither even put Bellator, Strikeforce, EliteXC under "MMA rumors" or "upcoming events" until they were publicly scrutinized across forums.
Yet they had no problems reporting on UFC feeder leagues.
Bloody Elbow has been historically a much freer outlet.

Drake

Cunning Linguist
Jul 9, 2017
Okamoto easily. Pretty sure I've only seen him do UFC coverage.

That isnt to say he isn't great at it though, lol.

M

member 3289

I like Junkie on fight nights
They do a great job
Sherdog news is better imo. Their live fight updates are updated a lot quicker, and the format (being able to select each fight rather than one article that contains all the fights) is a lot easier to use.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Yeh that's th dude. Why is he always so sad?? He's like the mirror opposite of me from an alternate dimension, but somehow he weasled his way into our world. We need to get to the bottom of this and boot the mofo
He’s just a bit arrogant with his opinions and statements. Other than that I find him amusing.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
The thing about Morgan is that I've heard that sometimes he's the only one at the weigh-ins for some of the smaller UFC Fight Nights. Then all the other outlets just report the weigh-in "via" him. So even if he's a shill, he gets a pass from me because he works so hard at it.

*We know about Okamoto because Dana was picking him to break news, and chose to build him up directly. And Dana openly has indicated his favoring of Kevin Iole.

The Sound of Violence

Host of a podcast about mma podcasts
Oct 28, 2015
Morgan does toe the company line a bit, which is why he gets so much access to the higher ups, but he still talks a decent amount of shit on his podcast the MMA Road Show about the UFC's decision making. Either way he puts out a ton of quality content and is a big drinker so he's alright in my book. Iole on the other hand always sounds like he's just poorly regurgitating whatever the UFC's PR team handed him.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Kirik

He's so far up Dana's ass he could reach out his mouth and grab rondas titty

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
other than Dundas and Fowlkes he's the best in the biz.
My post was from a while ago and as time has passed I find I listen to Luke more than any other MMA talking head these days. He has a very logical approach (sometimes to a fault) but he lays it all out there and has some great takes IMHO.