General Bill Gates says African migration to Europe cannot be allowed to continue

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Microsoft founder Bill Gates has warned that Africa’s population explosion will overwhelm Europe unless the continent makes it more difficult for migrants to reach its shores.

I wonder did Bill Gates express his concern to the other globalists looking for open borders and the free flow of cheap labor at the World Economic Forum?

The American billionaire’s comments come as European leaders discuss what to do about the surging number of Africans arriving in Italy each week, with Rome calling for other European Union (EU) nations to open their ports to docking migrants so as to ease pressure on the Mediterranean nation.

In an interview with the German Welt am Sonntag newspaper, Gates said massive population growth in Africa will result in “enormous [migratory] pressure” on Europe unless countries increase overseas development aid payments.

[….]

…. Gates also spoke of a dilemma caused by ‘the German attitude to refugees’, referring to Chancellor Angela Merkel’s decision to open Europe’s borders to illegal migrants arriving from the third world.

“On the one hand you want to demonstrate generosity and take in refugees, but the more generous you are, the more word gets around about this — which in turn motivates more people to leave Africa,” Gates told the Sunday newspaper. [Duh! No kidding—ed]

“Germany cannot possibly take in the huge, massive number of people who are wanting to make their way to Europe.”

Because of this, Gates stressed that “Europe must make it more difficult for Africans to reach the continent via the current transit routes”.

[….]

UN High Commissioner for Refugees, Filippo Grandi, on Saturday decried an “unfolding tragedy” in Italy.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Got a couple of thoughts.

1) Italy can deal with its own problems. When they say migrants, I assume they don't mean refugees. So deal with your own migrant problems.

2) Is Merkel offering to take in loads of illegal immigrants? That would be dumb move.

3) Some Western countries may benefit from increased immigration of the right kind, due to declining birth rates and aging populations.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The right kind of immigrants dont pile into a boat and sail into italy only to head to germany for better welfare.i dont think anyone has a real problem with the legit immigrants who take the proper channels and come to work and contribute to society.no country can just take on a shitload of freeloaders.it is just not sustainable

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
How about make Africa great again.

Countries should be held responsible for its refugees. The more refugees come from your country? Pay up for treatment, housing, salary, and healthcare. No pay? You get bombed.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
The right kind of immigrants dont pile into a boat and sail into italy only to head to germany for better welfare.i dont think anyone has a real problem with the legit immigrants who take the proper channels and come to work and contribute to society.no country can just take on a shitload of freeloaders.it is just not sustainable
Well said.
I'd also add... they don't impose some specific religious customs either ;)

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
The thing is,many of those migrants were sold/jumbled as refugees (eg from Syria) by some media and on the internet in general, not recognizing the fact that many of those just wanted to skip the regular immigration process. Lots of guilt was used to let them in.

Then Merkel pulled a move that will be remembered errrr every New Year's Eve;)

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
How about make Africa great again.

Countries should be held responsible for its refugees. The more refugees come from your country? Pay up for treatment, housing, salary, and healthcare. No pay? You get bombed.
And you were doing so well til that last bit.....

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
This doesn't quite seem legit. It's either spin of Gates making a comment about improving policies abroad to disincentivize migration as a burden on developed nations or it's a complete misrepresentation.

It's being signal boosted by The Sun, Daily Mail, Daily Caller, a site called Express UK and various conservative sites with its supposed origins being a translation provided by Breitbart of an interview in a German newspaper. But what they actually translated seems to be this article:

Bill Gates: Migration nach Europa wird zunehmen

This is a piece commenting on or summarizing the alleged interview from the newspaper in question, Welt am Sonntag.

Other sources are reporting he allegedly said this while addressing the world economic forum. Here is the actual article from Welt am sonntag from a month ago:

Bill Gates: „Der Druck ist enorm – und er wird wachsen“ - WELT

Q @Qat can you give us an idea of what was said? The site seems to be behind a paywall.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This doesn't quite seem legit. It's either spin of Gates making a comment about improving policies abroad to disincentivize migration as a burden on developed nations or it's a complete misrepresentation.

It's being signal boosted by The Sun, Daily Mail, Daily Caller, a site called Express UK and various conservative sites with its supposed origins being a translation provided by Breitbart of an interview in a German newspaper. But what they actually translated seems to be this article:

This is a piece commenting on or summarizing the alleged interview from the newspaper in question, Welt am Sonntag.

Other sources are reporting he allegedly said this while addressing the world economic forum. Here is the actual article from Welt am sonntag from a month ago:

Q @Qat can you give us an idea of what was said? The site seems to be behind a paywall.

I've been waiting to post about this for the same reasons. Bill Gates translated and not really discussed anywhere so who knows?
But I agree it seems out of place in Gates' style of voice and measured description. Not necessarily the bigger idea of focusing on aide in place instead of immigration as aide.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015

Would have given it a shot but yes, for members, or a 30 free trial.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
They used to tell immigrants they could come here, but they had to take the "shitty jobs" and if they did well they could bring their family over too. Now they offer subsidies to people who don't work, encourage them not to assimilate and then wonder why there's resentment that goes both ways. Sorry, I'm just venting.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
What the fuck does that speccy honky know about immigration?

I will automatically refresh this thread in 4 hours to check for updates.

Unless you opt to postpone?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
They used to tell immigrants they could come here, but they had to take the "shitty jobs" and if they did well they could bring their family over too. Now they offer subsidies to people who don't work, encourage them not to assimilate and then wonder why there's resentment that goes both ways. Sorry, I'm just venting.
The more I think about it the more I support ending Birthright citizenship as it is. A system such that if both parents are here illegally you should get citizenship? That was never the intent.

Beyond that, I find a points-based system to be the fairest approach.

Needed skills+family connections+self-sufficiency = perfect immigrant pool

And don't get me started on assimilation that has become a dirty word with claims of white supremacy. :rolleyes:

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
The more I think about it the more I support ending Birthright citizenship as it is. A system such that if both parents are here illegally you should get citizenship? That was never the intent.

And don't get me started on assimilation that has become a dirty word with claims of white supremacy. :rolleyes:
I agree in large part. Disagree with "family connections" though.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015

I support this as well. Then we could deport a bunch of white people.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I guess not?
The current model of economies require growth. Economic growth requires population growth. If you're only going to admit people who aren't very likely to leave a place where they're successful the lone source of new bodies is: