General Billionaire cries over 2% wealth tax

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Toelocku

*I Know What I Know if you Know What I Mean*
Dec 15, 2018
It's no secret that making money is easier when you have money - but they aren't getting richer simply because of tax cuts.
That's low hanging fruit for tax-the-rich political rhetoric.

Politicians want more money to play with so they point the finger at the people who have the money and make them out to be bad people.
They aren't bad people.
They're successful people.

Sure some of them were born on 3rd base in the baseball game of life - but whatever. Good for them. They were lucky enough to slide out of the right vagina on their birthday. It has zero impact on me and who I am. Focusing on life's imbalances isn't healthy. If people don't like their situation in life - they should work towards changing it.
Dude that is boomer bootstrap economics...trickle down is a failure

The megarich are stealing through the fed, tax evasion, tax cuts and other exploitative avenues

We need a progressive tax system like fdr instituted

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
You're proposing that in a system where rich people find ways to not pay taxes, that upping the amount you're attempting to collect is the way to get them to pay their fair share.

No. Under a flat tax everyone pays the same percentage.
I would threaten them with prosecution andor breakup there business something that rarely happens now

A flat tax hurts the poor because it kills progressive taxation which taxes the rich more which means lost revenue is made up by the poor/middle class

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I would threaten them with prosecution andor breakup there business something that rarely happens now
or you could do that at the current tax rate.

A flat tax hurts the poor because it kills progressive taxation which taxes the rich more which means lost revenue is made up by the poor/middle class
Flat tax does tax the rich more. 25% of a million dollars is a lot more than 25% of $25k. I don't know where you get the idea that there's some sort of levy on the poor, lol.

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
or you could do that at the current tax rate.

Flat tax does tax the rich more. 25% of a million dollars is a lot more than 25% of $25k. I don't know where you get the idea that there's some sort of levy on the poor, lol.
Uffff...25% of 25k and 25% of 1,000,0000,000 means the rich still has 750,000,000 flipping dollars so it effects the poor more cause they dont have the extra 750,000,000 therefore it effects them disproportionately...if you dont see the difference then wow

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Uffff...25% of 25k and 25% of 1,000,0000,000 means the rich still has 750,000,000 flipping dollars so it effects the poor more cause they dont have the extra 750,000,000 therefore it effects them disproportionately...if you dont see the difference then wow
So are you worried about collecting taxes and funding social programs, or are you worried about taking money from rich people?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think I'm against a wealth tax...not increased taxes on income or capital gains.

Change my mind.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You dont believe in taxes?
In the world I get to create, no. The state has proven time and time again, they can't manage anything. The idea of them taking my money to squander on nonsense is the least logical thing the public was ever duped into.

In the world in which we currently live, I'm fine with taxes.

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
In the world I get to create, no. The state has proven time and time again, they can't manage anything. The idea of them taking my money to squander on nonsense is the least logical thing the public was ever duped into.

In the world in which we currently live, I'm fine with taxes.
So you do believe in taking things from others...how rude