General Billionaire cries over 2% wealth tax

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Dude that is boomer bootstrap economics...trickle down is a failure

The megarich are stealing through the fed, tax evasion, tax cuts and other exploitative avenues

We need a progressive tax system like fdr instituted
I'm OK with a progressive tax system.

What I don't agree with are statements about a wealth cap/tax. Money earned has already been taxed. You don't get to tax it again.

At the root of it all is money being wasted by DC. More money doesn't fix that problem.

Last edited:
M

member 3289

Rich people should be taxed at a higher rate than poor people. That is just common sense.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It's the COMMON WEALTH and enough to balance out the wealth gap enough that the richest nation in history is much fairer
you say that like 'wealth' is finite.

EDIT - and like bureaucracy and oligarchies work for the COMMON GOOD.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
and income taxing the wealthy at a higher rate has never worked. We're punishing productivity...

Sweden actually taxes the poor at a higher rate than the wealthy, FWIW.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Rich people should be taxed at a higher rate than poor people. That is just common sense.
They are.

There are 7 tiers
Percentages: 10, 12, 22, 24, 32, 35, 37%

Rich people are smart with deductions and good at finding ways to hold onto their money, but we do have a tiered system.

Anyone over $600k is in the 37% bracket

Again, I'm fine with all that.
I'm against taxing what people have stored in their bank account.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
They are.

There are 7 tiers

Rich people are smart with deductions and good at finding ways to hold onto their money, but we do have a tiered system.

I like when they tax the dead people for not spending their money.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Billionaires existing is clear proof of a broken system. A system that rewards ingenuity and innovation is great but there is no possible justification for anyone deserving or earning that kind of wealth. A few people at the top of the pyramid hoarding money they have acquired through a glitch in the system hurts everybody.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
How can anyone live on just £999,999,999? Why won't someone stand up for the poor billionaires? Truly the most oppressed people in society.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
This country has a fascination with vilifying rich people. The fact is their success has little to do with other people's failure.
Many great wealths have come from stealing others ideas or property. Microsoft, Facebook, and McDonald's were built on it.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
If wealth is unlimited why don't we just make everyone a billionaire?
because infinite potential is not the same as infinite quantity.

a kernel of rice can feed the world, if you're a steward of the resource and give it the benefit of your time and talent.

but actions like raising minimum wage is just artificial inflation of currency value, which actually devalues the investments of poor and lower middle class citizens.

Toelocku

*I Know What I Know if you Know What I Mean*
Dec 15, 2018
you say that like 'wealth' is finite.

EDIT - and like bureaucracy and oligarchies work for the COMMON GOOD.
What did I say that indicates that

Last edited:

Toelocku

*I Know What I Know if you Know What I Mean*
Dec 15, 2018
and income taxing the wealthy at a higher rate has never worked. We're punishing productivity...

Sweden actually taxes the poor at a higher rate than the wealthy, FWIW.
Yes it has fdr did it

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Yes it has fdr did it
have you checked the national debt since Wilson/FDR started doing their thing? how did taxing the rich at 90% work for Dwight? (not really, but still...)

A flat sales tax, maybe a commercial property tax are the only taxes that make sense to me.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
because infinite potential is not the same as infinite quantity.

a kernel of rice can feed the world, if you're a steward of the resource and give it the benefit of your time and talent.

but actions like raising minimum wage is just artificial inflation of currency value, which actually devalues the investments of poor and lower middle class citizens.
Couldn't agree more. Probably better to have a fair living wage and the abolition of classes.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
have you checked the national debt since Wilson/FDR started doing their thing? how did taxing the rich at 90% work for Dwight? (not really, but still...)

A flat sales tax, maybe a commercial property tax are the only taxes that make sense to me.
That make sense for what?

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
They are.

There are 7 tiers

How do you suppose it gets in their bank account?