General Billy Joel v Elton Johm

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Oh, that was fucking awful. Worst song they ever did.

My all time "hated song that everyone seems to like" is Wonderwall by Oasis. It's three minutes of Liam whining like a bitch, like fingernails on a chalkboard.
George Harrison is grave-spinning

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
My Long Island adolescence has brainwashed me to say Billy Joel regardless of what the right answer is. There is something so quintessentially Long Island about Piano Man that I can't even believe other people from other places like it. Btw, wtf is a real estate novelist?

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
My Long Island adolescence has brainwashed me to say Billy Joel regardless of what the right answer is. There is something so quintessentially Long Island about Piano Man that I can't even believe other people from other places like it. Btw, wtf is a real estate novelist?

Its a stone cold classic. Its so evocative. Could be a song about anywhere in the world. From Lagos to London.

The one place in the world I didn't imagine it in was Long Island actually.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Elton wrote a song about Marily Monroe.
Billy bagged the Marilyn of our time.

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
i once snuck in the back door of a larry ellison private party.

elton john was playing piano about 2 feet away from me. (devo was playing in the other room)

elton is an all time great, bille joel is an all time very very good

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
i once snuck in the back door of a larry ellison private party.

elton john was playing piano about 2 feet away from me. (devo was playing in the other room)

elton is an all time great, bille joel is an all time very very good
There's a joke in there somewhere...

Backdoor...Elton...Devo...Whip It Good

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
My assumption was it's someone who is writing a novel but sells real estate to pay the bills.

Why would a microphone ever smell like a beer?

Because if the 'dog' on top of it. The foam type thing to stop you banging the cunt with your lips. The beer breath would permeate the porous cells and create an odour of beer that would linger after constant use whilst drinking the alcoholic beverage.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Because if the 'dog' on top of it. The foam type thing to stop you banging the cunt with your lips. The beer breath would permeate the porous cells and create an odour of beer that would linger after constant use whilst drinking the alcoholic beverage.
Billy doesn't use a dog.
Elton does, but that's something entirely different.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Its a stone cold classic. Its so evocative. Could be a song about anywhere in the world. From Lagos to London.

The one place in the world I didn't imagine it in was Long Island actually.
Yep. There's sad middle-aged lonely drunks everywhere.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
So a song about a bar then?

Its not as nihilistic as you're making out.
I don't know about that, man - I always found it a pretty miserable song. Always liked it, but always figured it sucks to be any of the guys referenced in the song.

??