Bisping intrigued by Diaz fight, but wants title shot

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Nick Diaz poked fun of Michael Bisping last month after Bisping's win overAnderson Silva. The popular Stockton, Calif., bad boy didn't seem to think Bisping's victory was on the up and up, and took to social media to explain why.

It didn't take long for Bisping to fire back, of course, telling Diaz on Twitter that he'd be down to fight him when his drug suspension is up.

View: https://twitter.com/bisping/status/704159339116941313?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The back and forth was an entertaining social media side note following Bisping's unanimous decision over Silva at UFC Fight Night 84 in London. And Bisping is definitely interested in taking on Diaz down the line. But "The Count" has designs on a title shot after beating the former UFC middleweight champion, according to his manager Audie Attar.

"Nick Diaz is definitely calling him out and that sounds enticing and I think that would be an amazing matchup," Attar told MMA Fighting. "But for Mike and what he's done in the sport, he's earned the right to say, 'I want the winner of Rockhold and Weidman.' I think that's what he's doing."

"He hears Nick Diaz," Attar said. "He thinks that would be a fun, exciting fight. The fans would like to see that, but it's his time now. I think for Mike right now, he wants a title shot. He's earned that in his career."

LINK: Manager: Michael Bisping intrigued by Nick Diaz fight, but wants title shot