Bisping vs GSP, time to vote

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Who will win

• The WW GOAT who's man enough to go up in weight after a 3 year+ lay off

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • The MW champ who hands picks his opponents to be be old, retired, smaller or out of top 5

Votes: 15 45.5%

• Total voters

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Who ever I pick will be cursed, so I will be sitting this vote out. My picks have been shitty lately.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I'm not buying the false narrative that fans demanded this fight. It was presented as such and became some what of a self fulfilling prophecy as this story was sold to us. Slice it how you want but Mike chose to fight an old tired Hendo who wasn't in the top ten. And lol and Dan getting his ass beat. Mike ate some bombs and looked like shit after. Then the scorecards.

UFC 204: Official scorecards for Bisping/Henderson revealed

All too often when Bisping fans defend his actions it gets chalked up to some sort of "you butthurt" or "haters gonna hate". Mike knows full well what he's doing when he says things to get a reaction. For you or any other fan to complain about him simply not being liked as the reason for harsh judgement is some low hanging fruit. I can't think of another champ who has had their first 2 title defenses against guys as I've described above. If it's all business then just say so, stop trying to justify him chosing who and when especially when they end up being either old grudge matches or retired WWs.
You're not buying it?

I agree but for some reason it annoys me that they just can't call the match ups what they are some times. Hendo vs Bisping is another fight I'm excited to watch but feel the top 5 in MW are getting a raw deal in the process.

Ok, m8.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
GSP doesn't fight Silva means he's too scared to move up... so what's Bisping if he hand picks a retired guy a weight class below?
Idk but for me if gsp wins, this title means shit and doesn't add to his GOAT status. He is being Gifted a MW shot for never competing there against someone EVERYONE expects to lose to gsp... and he decides to go now when the champ is as weak as he's ever been

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
I will go on record to say that GSP will win via utter destruction. I think the GSP of the Sean Sherk era will show up.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Idk but for me if gsp wins, this title means shit and doesn't add to his GOAT status. He is being Gifted a MW shot for never competing there against someone EVERYONE expects to lose to gsp... and he decides to go now when the champ is as weak as he's ever been
Fair enough. Fwiw I'm not a fan of GSPs return, was nice seeing a guy go out on top finally.

As of now GSP is the favourite at -155 to Bispings +125 so not a big gap, Im actually surprised at that.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Go on the record for who wins and I'd like to hear how.

Gsp via decision after 5 rounds of a jabbing at Mike's face and taking him down repeatedly.
bisping by decision

9 gsp and 7b bisping right now. this is exaclty why ii want to see this fight so badly. its a coin toss

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Bisping by hard work and size.
GSP tries to wrestle him down and doesn't have the size or aggression for it.

Bisping wins a flurry of 1-2 exchanges and wins the fight via overall control and tae Bo kness near the fence.

Bisping will only lose this fight if GSP can finish him and I don't see that happening.

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
Bisping via 5R decision.

Yes Tim Kennedy was able to take Bisping down and hold him there, but GSP is a welterweight. He might win a round by getting a TD, but he won't win 3 rounds.

Size matters, as we recently saw in Hendricks-Boetsch.
I listened to Bispings podcast this week and for the Kennedy fight he didnt train any wrestling whatsoever. Basically kickboxed the whole time because he thought his takedown defence would be good enough regardless. Then went on to say that he wont make the same mistake for the GSP fight.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I think GSP will get touched up, and look worse.
If Bisping does win, I'd think it'd be by championship round TKO.
But GSP is very smart, & very disciplined, and very focused.
Because of these 3 factors, and his willpower and vision, I think his determination will take him to a 48-47 victory, slightly worse for the wear.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
And people who know nothing about mma thought Rockhold was gonna walk through Bisping, so they didnt buy it.
C'mon Joe. You gonna say that the vast majority of mma fans and betting lines being -725 means everyone but die hard Bisping fans know nothing about MMA? You wouldn't consider that fight an upset after Luke subbed him once and Mike came in on short notice?

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
C'mon Joe. You gonna say that the vast majority of mma fans and betting lines being -725 means everyone but die hard Bisping fans know nothing about MMA? You wouldn't consider that fight an upset after Luke subbed him once and Mike came in on short notice?
Bisping was winning the first fight until the headbutt and just came off a good performance against Silva. Not really an upset plenty of fighters lose the first fight and then win the rematch. Bisping is just underated by most fans and not taking seriously.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Bisping was winning the first fight until the headbutt and just came off a good performance against Silva. Not really an upset plenty of fighters lose the first fight and then win the rematch. Bisping is just underated by most fans and not taking seriously.
I think Mike wasn't taken seriously in that fight due to him habitually getting his shot at contender status then not getting the W (yes I'm aware of the line of PED users he had to face) plus him having so little time to prep. Either way that's hands down his best performance

You think he'll finish GSP?

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
I think Mike wasn't taken seriously in that fight due to him habitually getting his shot at contender status then not getting the W (yes I'm aware of the line of PED users he had to face) plus him having so little time to prep. Either way that's hands down his best performance

You think he'll finish GSP?
Yea i think the size difference is gonna be a major factor and dont think GSP will be able to go the full 5 rounds. Obviously GSP hasnt really had cardio issues in the past but after this long a layoff fighting at a bigher weight against Bisping who has one of the best gas tanks in the game, i feel bisping eventually finishes him. How do you see it going?

T

The Big Guy

The GOAT has returned and will take the MW title
Happy to take bets on this one guys
Haven' taken a look yet at the lines but I'll be up for $$ or name and avatar bets

Edit: prediction is GSP unanimous decision
Ill take that SN bet. Your gonna be called semen sampler when its all over

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yea i think the size difference is gonna be a major factor and dont think GSP will be able to go the full 5 rounds. Obviously GSP hasnt really had cardio issues in the past but after this long a layoff fighting at a bigher weight against Bisping who has one of the best gas tanks in the game, i feel bisping eventually finishes him. How do you see it going?
Mike should win but I can't bet against Georges. I'm hoping with the right (more than likely very boring) game plan he can get Mike down and grind him out.

On paper everything is in Bispings favour. Active, bigger, champ, momentum while GSP is almost the opposite.

I think GSP can overcome any sort of tactical challenges as that's been his specialty. But with those knees and ring rust it's a tall order.

I'll stick with GSP UD.