Bisping vs. Thales Leites is Main Event at UFC Glasgow

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think Bisping is in a world of hurt in this fight. What say you?

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Leites is one of the most disrespected fighters in UFC history. He is not always exciting but he wins. He should be fighting mousasi or Belfort.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
bisping needs to pack it in before he wrecks that eye for good. he has had a great career and will have another career as a on air personality after he is done. he has had to have made some good money.id hate to see him stay around too long. i used to hate bisping back in the uktt days but ive grown to like him.he is clearly never going to be champ so why risk the damage?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Leites is one of the most disrespected fighters in UFC history. He is not always exciting but he wins. He should be fighting mousasi or Belfort.
I feel obliged to point out I do in fact know who he is, and to take my post some what in jest (although not really because mike will bingo him)

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
I don't want Belfort to fight anyone with a ground game anymore. Vitor vs Machida sounds like fun.

Leites should fight Jacare next

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
I feel obliged to point out I do in fact know who he is, and to take my post some what in jest (although not really because mike will bingo him)
I figured you knew. He just seems like a guy that wins a lot but was almost blackballed after the silva fight. I watched him get choked out by Matt Horwich after that but since has been on a roll. I forgot Bisping just beat cb so maybe better than initially thought.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
I don't want Belfort to fight anyone with a ground game anymore. Vitor vs Machida sounds like fun.

Leites should fight Jacare next
I agree just meant Leites should be fighting higher ranked guy for his fight. Vitor vs Shogun is a fight I've always wanted to see.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
bisping needs to pack it in before he wrecks that eye for good. he has had a great career and will have another career as a on air personality after he is done. he has had to have made some good money.id hate to see him stay around too long. i used to hate bisping back in the uktt days but ive grown to like him.he is clearly never going to be champ so why risk the damage?
There are many fighters who will clearly never be champ. The reason they fight? I can't answer that, I can speculate, I'd speculate it's the opportunity to test themselves, to see the culmination of all their hard work put into practice and for others, as touched upon, if you spend your whole career to reach the summit of what you are gonna be able to earn, are you not gonna milk that fucker dry when you are able?

I see where you are coming from though. But remember bisping is getting a lot of money for these fights, it would be hard to step away from while he is still able to compete, especially when he can still wIn and it's what he's dedicated his life to.

Now if he loses 9 in a row and his offers are for fights in parking lots for 500 dollars instead of 400k I'd like to imagine he would call it quits.

Stranger things have happened though

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
GSP quit while he was on top and quit on his own terms and look how much respect he gets for it

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
GSP quit while he was on top and quit on his own terms and look how much respect he gets for it
I agree, I'd also throw in fedor, but that said they achieved all they wanted to. It must be harder for guys who never reached the pinnacle to call it a day unless they are forced to. (I agree with you, I'd like too see them all retire before they get hurt or sloppy)

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I agree, I'd also throw in fedor, but that said they achieved all they wanted to. It must be harder for guys who never reached the pinnacle to call it a day unless they are forced to. (I agree with you, I'd like too see them all retire before they get hurt or sloppy)
i get where you are coming from . i just see bisping as a guy who could probably walk away and live a good life off of what he has accomplished but it will pick at him that he never reached the top.he could fight for another 5 years and never get a title shot though.hes a talented guy but in his prime he never would have beat anderson and now he wont have anything for weidman.he could still have a career as a gatekeeper fighting cb dollaways

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Agreed 100%

My guess is when you have dedicated your life to a sport it's hard to admit what you just said to yourself and move away. If I had spent 20 years as a kickboxing but never won the belt it would be hard to say you know what it's not gonna happen, when there's all these inspirational stories and movies of career resurgence.

I'm glad some guys did It. Kampman is a good example, I think Roger Huerta is a coach now, I'm starting to worry for guys like wand and hunto tho

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Leites will carry that Anderson fight throughout his UFC career. Not necessarily from the fans but likely from the UFC brass. He's gonna have to win a dozen fights before they give him another shot I bet, and yes you can blame Anderson too, especially after the Maia fight furthered the stupidity but they don't. Leites got the brunt of the hate for that fight mainly for scooting so much.

Different fighter now, but hard to shake that when the company is facing inconsistent event hype and quality.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
This is a good test for Leites on the feet. If he can best Bisping in the striking it will show hes ready for a top 5 guy. His easiest route to victory would probably be taking Bisping down, but I don't think that will be an option for him against the top guys. As I don't think his wrestling is good enough to get down guys like Rockhold, Romero, Jacare, even Mousasi, and that is before you get to the Champ.

So I'd like to see him threaten or win the striking against a guy who is good on the feet, but lacks the power to make the top guys respect his striking. If he can't beat Bisping on the feet then I don't see him getting any further with his career resurgence. Meanwhile it is another winnable fight for Bisping, and he is always 2-3 wins away from title contention. I don't think he would win a title eliminator fight, but he is right there, and if the stars align correctly with fight outcomes and injuries, we could see Bisping in another title eliminator in 2016.