BJ Penn wants in on the GSP Return

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

I wonder how Penn would react if Chad Mendes were to call him out to make 145.

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016
I wonder how Penn would react if Chad Mendes were to call him out to make 145.
At this point I think BJ just wants to fight again. He is down there at Jackson Wink now with Bones Holm etc and seems he is ready for a fight.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Would this be the first fight of Georges career where Greg Jackson was in someone else's corner or am I forgetting someone....?

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
As a huge BJ fan, if he's interested in more than one fight...I'd rather see him fight some mid level guy with a greater chance to pick up a win and build his confidence in his new situation with Jackson's.

GSP will most likely be firing on all cylinders as he's in basically the same situation(training wise) that he's been in for the last decade.

I think GSP takes it at any weight at this point.

At 155 I'd like to see GSP v Khabib

or Edgar if he ends up back at 155.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
^^^
shit can u guys imagine GSP vs Frankie Edgar at 155?

never thought the 2 could ever possibly meet up. GSP would have size on him but it'd make for a good fight if frankie can avoid the takedowns, which i think he could stuff here and there

F*K Censorship

get what you can, then take the rest
Oct 27, 2015
No, just no.

From Lentz to GSP? Penn has been one of my favorite fighters since he had hair but id rather see him win or atleast look good while losing. I think the best fight to make would be Penn vs Sherk or someone similar who has also been on hiatis but still wants a fight or 2, but still not GSP.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
If Gomi beats Miller at 200 then Penn vs Gomi 2 should happen in NY .

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Go home BJ, you're drunk. We have all seen how that movie ends. You get dominated by GSP at any weight. I've always loved BJ and will always watch him fight, but he has no chance against Georges. Maybe he should try to talk Matt Hughes out of retirement. That's a better matchup for him.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
I would like to see BJ get a win first against an easier opponent. Im positive that BJ is in better shape and under better coaching than he was in the past 5 years, but still. Gotta get some momentum first.

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016
I know this is a bad idea for BJ in all likelihood but do you know how bad I have always wanted him to beat GSP? I'm letting my fandome cloud my judgment.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
Is BJ currently at Jackson's? I follow his Instagram and it looked like he was with his family in Hilo. The two cancelled fights coupled with being back on the island might be making BJ stir crazy.