BJB Breakdown: DC’s Trinity -- Techniques, Tools, and Strategies of Wonder Woman, Batman, and Superman

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Devante

Dec 28, 2018

On March 18th, fans of the DC film universe crafted by Zack Snyder finally got their wish when Warner Bros released Zack Snyder’s Justice League, aka “The Snyder Cut” where fans got to finally see the film as envisioned by the polarizing director. Oftentimes in circumstances like this we get DVDs with bonus footage, and there is discussion of how cool this would have been, how it all makes sense now, or how this would have changed the movie’s reception, box office results, and the narrative surrounding it. This time, however, things were different, as fans of Zack Snyder -- and surprisingly, fans of the DC Universe -- pushed back against Joss Whedon’s take on the Justice League story, forcing Warner’s hand and paving the way for the re-release of the film, but this time as imagined by Snyder originally. In honor of this historical achievement I am presenting a breakdown of the techniques, tools, and strategies of DC’s Trinity (i.e., their Big 3). I will discuss the thought processes, characters, and perspectives of two of the best hand to hand combatants in the DC Universe in Wonder Woman and Batman, as well as the most physically powerful being in it in Superman.