BJJ legend Relson Gracie arrested on drug charges in Brazil

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

One of the biggest names in Brazilian jiu jitsu history could be facing up to 15 years in prison. Relson Gracie, older brother of UFC Hall of Famer Royce, has been arrested in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on suspicion of drug trafficking.

Relson has numerous affiliate gyms in the US and has acted as a coach to a number of MMA fighters. Notable black belts under Relson include Steve Maxwell and the Migliarese brothers.

According to local reports, Relson was traveling on a bus when it was stopped and inspected by a K-9 unit. The dogs reportedly noticed a scent and Gracie’s bag was investigated. The bag was said to contain marijuana and marijuana…

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
all he wanted to do was get wasted on drugs everywhere he fucking went. give the man back his goddam pipe.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
whatever happened to Ralph? did they forgive him for what he did?

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Guy is willing to risk 15 years just to smoke dope. Tell me again how its not addictive. Hopefully he can get himself clean and come out a new man free of the shackles from smoking dope. This will probably save his life.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

One of the biggest names in Brazilian jiu jitsu history could be facing up to 15 years in prison. Relson Gracie, older brother of UFC Hall of Famer Royce, has been arrested in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on suspicion of drug trafficking.

Relson has numerous affiliate gyms in the US and has acted as a coach to a number of MMA fighters. Notable black belts under Relson include Steve Maxwell and the Migliarese brothers.

According to local reports, Relson was traveling on a bus when it was stopped and inspected by a K-9 unit. The dogs reportedly noticed a scent and Gracie’s bag was investigated. The bag was said to contain marijuana and marijuana…

my thread is better.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
whatever happened to Ralph? did they forgive him for what he did?
he's ducking a US arrest warrant in the Brazil, which was issued in absentia late last year.

that's the last I heard. He'll probably never be back.

I hope Kurt Osiander feels vindicated.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
MMA Fighting obtained a statement released by Gracie’s lawyer Joao Francisco Neto on his release.

“The athlete and professor Relson Gracie was a victim of a big misunderstanding,” the statement read. “He lives in the U.S. and brought cannabidiol-based medication for therapeutic purposes, all industrialized and obtained with a prescription in that country. His arrest during a routine inspection by police officers was promptly revoked by the Judiciary. Such medication can already be imported with a mere prescription, according to a recent ANVISA resolution, which deflates any possibility of a crime being committed.”

Relson Gracie released from jail after judge accepts claim of medicinal cannabis use

Its all good now

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
MMA Fighting obtained a statement released by Gracie’s lawyer Joao Francisco Neto on his release.

“The athlete and professor Relson Gracie was a victim of a big misunderstanding,” the statement read. “He lives in the U.S. and brought cannabidiol-based medication for therapeutic purposes, all industrialized and obtained with a prescription in that country. His arrest during a routine inspection by police officers was promptly revoked by the Judiciary. Such medication can already be imported with a mere prescription, according to a recent ANVISA resolution, which deflates any possibility of a crime being committed.”

Relson Gracie released from jail after judge accepts claim of medicinal cannabis use

Its all good now
Relson is the coolest Gracie O.G., and throws the best barbecues.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
he's ducking a US arrest warrant in the Brazil, which was issued in absentia late last year.

that's the last I heard. He'll probably never be back.

I hope Kurt Osiander feels vindicated.
my friend goes to Ralph's school in Mountain View. He's a brownbelt and soon to be black, but he's fucked now. might be brown forever~

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
my friend goes to Ralph's school in Mountain View. He's a brownbelt and soon to be black, but he's fucked now. might be brown forever~
no shit?! I dropped in there a couple times when I used to take a lot of work trips to San Jose.
sorry to hear that, good people at both locations. But I knew Kurt through some tattoo friends, so I used make the trip in and step over the hobo shit to roll with Kurt.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
no shit?! I dropped in there a couple times when I used to take a lot of work trips to San Jose.
sorry to hear that, good people at both locations. But I knew Kurt through some tattoo friends, so I used make the trip in and step over the hobo shit to roll with Kurt.
Did you meet the dude named Machine? I sat in in his class few times, one of the instructors there, super nice guy.