BJJ Stars vs MMA Stars

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 603

With all the talks of fighters calling each other out for SUG and other events, what are some of your dream BJJ vs MMA matchups? Post some of yours... Go

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
What rules?

I think any grappling star gets smashed in MMA by any MMA star and vice versa. Jeff Glover would lose to any top 10 Featherweight in the cage and he'd also sub them in grappling.

M

member 603

What rules?

I think any grappling star gets smashed in MMA by any MMA star and vice versa. Jeff Glover would lose to any top 10 Featherweight in the cage and he'd also sub them in grappling.
Straight grappling.... Since now a lot of MMA guys are starting to do grappling events

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Straight grappling.... Since now a lot of MMA guys are starting to do grappling events
LOL MMA guys would DIE

Mackenzie Dern will give away 20lbs and still demolish Meisha Tate. Super best case scenario for Meisha is that it goes to over time, then no way she gets Dern off her back.

Apart from the actual BJJ guys like Demian Maia, Jacare and Roger, I can't really think of anyone who could survive against the top guys. Jones maybe? But I think he'd get dismantled by Keenan Cornelius or someone in a similar weight class.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
I assume we're talking no-gi, since BJJ world champs would be able to effortlessly tool anybody who never trains in a gi. Also, I guess we have to exclude high-level submission practitioners who also are accomplished at MMA (Werdum, Barnett, Jacare, Maia, Reis, etc.).

Even excluding those guys, MMA ranks are filled with people who should hold their own no-gi. They might not win, but they'd be very difficult to sub. Some of them, like Rory MacDonald, have already proven it. Glover would have his hands full grappling with Aldo and Oliveira. Perhaps even with the wrestlers in that division who have been training anti-BJJ for a long time.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
There is a BIG difference between a club grade and a competition grade. Most MMA black belts are club black belts and no match for high level competitive grapplers. Grappling superstars like the guys on the DDS would run through MMA guys in a grappling match.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
In the gi, I think the BJJ stars would dominate. I would expect that MMA stars spend little if any time training gi-specific techniques and modern guards that don't translate to MMA, and the BJJ guys should be able to capitalize on that.

M

member 603

As crazy as it seems, I'd love to see Brock Lesnar against a Cyborg or Buchecha in no gi..... Brock's a phenomenal wrestler, and Comprido raves about his sub game... It would be interesting