BJJ Technique Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015

View: https://vimeo.com/436117682

one of the many options from squid; guard, been messing around with this guard a lot but I really like this move; entering the squid, then rotating back to centre with a neutral grip, passing the lapel under the leg and finishing with a single leg. The lapel ends up wrapping both legs so it’s almost impossible for opponent to flee or defend the takedown.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Guys, just wondering if there are any resources to assist an accomplished karate and street guy in choosing between BJJ and Judo? I get that this is a BJJ thread and I have the upmost respect for the art but thought you guys may be able to assist with my query.
how old are you?

Judo is a young man's game.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Im in my 20's, I dont intend on competing I just want to learn for self defense purposes since I get into a lot of fights.

The more i see of BJJ the more im leaning towards judo as I cant see why you would want to be on the bottom on concrete in a street fight.

I want to be the one controlling the fight, too bad I dont have a wrestling school around
LoL at BJJ guys ending up on the bottom of a street fight. Watch the old Gracies In Action vids.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I dont know what that means but havent you watched BJJ comp vids where one guy immediately flops to his ass with his legs apart waving the other guy in? I can post some
watch Gracies In Action.

if you want to compete, take competition classes.
if you want to fight, take fight classes.

there's a bjj for everyone.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Multiple state and national kata titles

Trained in Japan under various grandmasters

Won various point fighting tourneys until I graduated to full contact in HS where I won 6 national titles in full contact

Trained in Busan Korea under Master Kim in Hapkido mainly in its military H2H applications, I cant share too much on this.

What exactly do you want to know about my street fighting credentials? to start lets just say I have a rep for a quick fuse, even quicker hands and heart for days. In HS kids would make sure I didnt know they were throwing a house party in case I turned up. That kinda rep.
we already have a Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

lamarclark09

Oct 20, 2022
Berimbolo is one of the best techniques in BJJ. One that is incredibly easy to escape from. Spider guard, near side sleeve DLR, near side sleeve deep DLR, kick to berimbolo, crab ride, leg drag (ish), chair sit back take these all are the best.

Last edited:

lamarclark09

Oct 20, 2022
There are more than 600 techniques in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, and mastery of them all would take a lifetime of dedicated study. However, many of these techniques make more sense in a competitive setting than in real-world applications. But the basics are Proper breathing technique, Shrimping and Bridging, Gripping properly, Passing the guard, Armbars

ronniejohnson09

Aug 2, 2022
Nowadays I am working to learn some techniques of No-gi Jiu-Jitsu. In this modern era, Many techniques have evolved. I mostly like Body-Lock Pass. This is actually an old-school position that has been updated over 2-3 years. The Body-Lock Pass consists of 5 stages.

The first stage is to have the opponent's back exposed and away from the mat. If the opponent is laying flat on his back on the mat, then you don't have any way to get under him to lock your grip.

The second stage is to connect your hands to lock his back. You can opt for the grip according to the size of the opponent. The next stage is to clear the knee line. It means you're going to drive the opponent down to the mat and move your legs on the legs of the opponent on the side you're planning to pass him.

At this stage, You are likely locked in half guard, or a fairly poor attempt at half guard anyway. From here the fourth stage is to free our knees. This can easily be done by using our free foot to step on the opponent's leg and pull our other leg free.

The final step is to then windshield wiper both legs to the side of the opponent and secure side control. This technique is quite useful in Nogi Jiu-Jitsu.

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
BJJ is NOT about technique

It's about strength and powering through your opponents.

You are all BJJing wrong.

Take my eight week program with me and you won't need the buddy system.anymore.