BKFC 14 Fighter in Coma

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
BKFC 14 fighter in medically induced coma, opponent and promotion issue statements

Francesco Ricchi won his BKFC 14 fight with Noah Cutter, but is now in a medically induced coma due to complications stemming from the fight.

Ricchi defeated Cutter by third-round TKO at BKFC 14, but absorbed a damaging punch to the trachea during the fight. After his victory, he was taken to the hospital for an exam, where a surgery reportedly caused complications that led to him being put in a medically induced coma.

Cutter, Ricchi’s opponent, was the first to share this news, issuing a statement wishing his foe well on social media.

“Prayers and best wishes to my opponent Francesco,” Cutter wrote in a post on his Instagram story after BKFC 14. “I’ve been informed he’s in the hospital in a medically induced coma due to bleeding in his lungs from a hematoma in his trachea due to a throat punch during the fight. Obviously accidental.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
So long BKFC.
I think it the same injury could happen with gloves on...a punch to the throat

Possibly had improper medical care or complications in the hospital

Not enough details on it at this time to rule it strictly a bareknuckle fighting injury

Hope the guy is eventually OK