Sci/Tech Black Holes (not that kind creepos)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
I'm on the train and can't watch now. Can someone post cliffs? Otherwise I will do it later.

RussfromNH

Live Free or Die
Dec 12, 2018
I'm on the train and can't watch now. Can someone post cliffs? Otherwise I will do it later.
the earth entered a black hole about 20 minutes ago, we will all be pulled apart around lunch time, depending on your time zone

M

member 603

This is incredible.... And a little scary too.... But mostly just incredible

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This is NSFW for Birdwatcher.

Mark my words.
In 30 years a new theory will surface that obliterates 100,000,000 man-hours of fantasy.
We're in a giant bubble & black holes are dimensionary reflections of each other at tangient points.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This is NSFW for Birdwatcher.

Mark my words.
In 30 years a new theory will surface that obliterates 100,000,000 man-hours of fantasy.
We're in a giant bubble & black holes are dimensionary reflections of each other at tangient points.
Can you give some sort of background explaining how you come to this conclusion? Also what all is in this bubble?

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Can you give some sort of background explaining how you come to this conclusion? Also what all is in this bubble?
Everything is in it.
You, me, galaxies, taco bell.
By background I assume you mean train of thought.
Yeah, like looking through unknown fabric in two mirrors.

Here's an example of an unknown:

It was reported yesterday that a new state of matter exists that can be liquid & solid at the same time.
It was compared to a sponge made of water leaking water.
This was an unknown a decade ago, and really still is.
Like "black holes" made famous in the 70's, scientists assume variables surrounding the unknown and conclude an unknown & name it.

I can't successfully convince you this isn't what you believe it to be, all I can do is point you to history where new advancements shed light on previous theories.
Good examples of that are the Spanish flu or black plague.
In astrophysics, variables are assumed to continue theorizing, and that's the same right here on earth with geology and the theory of evolution.
It's interesting, but TO ME, pointless to ponder beyond the beauty my eyes witness.
Cancer is scarier and we can't figure that out on our own planet.
We don't even know all the variables of this planet 10 miles down, let alone 100 million light years beyond it.

I think part of my eye-rolling comes from listening to a brother obsessed with quantum theory & physics, who's afflicted with asperger's syndrome and on the autism scale ramble on about dark matter for decades.
It's neat-o, but at this point hopelessly impractical and out of reach beyond our lifespan.
The current theories are wrong & will be proven so like most.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I’ve always been a space nerd and this is one of the coolest things I can remember.

So much debate on if they actually exist or not.

LIGO here in Louisiana detecting the gravitational waves not long ago.

Amazing.

Can’t wait to see what other theories we confirm in the coming years.

Thunderhead

Assman Extraordinaire
Dec 12, 2017
Transcript:
Captioned Text

Science News article:
The first picture of a black hole opens a new era of astrophysics

From Science News:

INTO THE ABYSS The first image of a black hole shows a bright ring with a dark, central spot. That ring is a bright disk of gas orbiting the supermassive behemoth in the galaxy M87, and the spot is the black hole’s shadow.
Man, I'd like to plunge my dick into that baby any time of the week...

And then get sucked into another dimension, get split into two or incinerated, and/or fade into Bolivia.