Blizzard announce Diablo Immortal, BlizzCon attendees boo them.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
That was an excellent game though.
I loved D1 and D2 but the gaming world has changed and it’s time for people to move on.

If you want to play games with no respec and insane skill trees that have that D2 feel there’s plenty out there (path of exile I’m looking at you) but expecting a company to not try new avenues is not realistic.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I loved D1 and D2 but the gaming world has changed and it’s time for people to move on.

If you want to play games with no respec and insane skill trees that have that D2 feel there’s plenty out there (path of exile I’m looking at you) but expecting a company to not try new avenues is not realistic.
To make a fan favorite title and mash it into a (basically a reskin by Netease, not Blizzard) mobile cash grab, I think the passion fans have should be appreciated.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
To make a fan favorite title and mash it into a (basically a reskin by Netease, not Blizzard) mobile cash grab, I think the passion fans have should be appreciated.
I actually agree and understand their frustration. But gamers need to shut up and realize that they have all the power here. When a developer puts out a shit game for quick cash, just don’t buy or play it. That is the message that needs to be sent. I can’t blame blizzard for trying to break into the insanity lucrative mobile market (though this reskin bullshit is a fucking slap in the face).

I’m just so incredibly exhausted with the current climate of continuous outrage over any little fucking thing the public doesn’t like or ageee with. Every day it’s a new injustice to some group of people that is portrayed as the end of the fucking world for anyone involved with the said infraction.

I’m sick of it all.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
But gamers need to shut up and realize that they have all the power here. When a developer puts out a shit game for quick cash, just don’t buy or play it.
When it comes to mobile gaming, no they do not have the power. There are far more people owning a mobile phone than a pc or a console of choice. Take China for example. The money comes from these mobile apps through tons of micro transactions, etc. While I don't fault a company wanting a slice of that pie, they can't have it both ways and claim they are true to the franchise, giving what loyal fans have been waiting for since Diablo 2 really. I'd say to Blizzard, take that big money, but take the boos equally.

EA did the same with Red Alert a while ago, with equal response. It is clearly not what the gamers want. But mobile users outnumber these gamers by a ton, so it is thanks and farewell. That is what these companies are basically are saying.

I think it is good that they are called out on their greed. Microtransactions, lootboxes, season passes, that is what I am tired of. And I am glad peopel are voicing that same sentiment. Games are slowly going down the drain while they are morphing into meaningless oversimplified versions of their formers self. The kind of shit you play when taking a shit staring on a tiny screen.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I think it is good that they are called out on their greed. Microtransactions, lootboxes, season passes, that is what I am tired of. And I am glad peopel are voicing that same sentiment. Games are slowly going down the drain while they are morphing into meaningless oversimplified versions of their formers self. The kind of shit you play when taking a shit staring on a tiny screen.
Remember the Star Wars Battlfront backlash where gamers flipped the fuck out and EA was forced to change all their micro transaction bullshit before the game was released? Tons of people then bought the game and EA the.slowly put almost all of them back in and didn’t give a fuck.

I understand your sentiment about general public sheep and mobile games but if core gamers started sticking to their convictions and talking with their wallets instead of making a fuss then buying a game anyway, developers would be forced to change.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Remember the Star Wars Battlfront backlash where gamers flipped the fuck out and EA was forced to change all their micro transaction bullshit before the game was released?
Because it is Starwars. They watch it no matter if it is shit. The last couple of movies have proven that to be fact. EA used the franchise Star Wars for the money grab and got away with it. Just like Blizzard is using the Diablo franchise to cash in that cow before she dies.

Gamers cannot speak with their wallets if it is mobile users there after. Gamers build the franchise, and Activision rented it out to their new audience. There's nothing gamers can do. Their game went on phone and it is free. It's going to milk people in the east regardless.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Because it is Starwars. They watch it no matter if it is shit. The last couple of movies have proven that to be fact. EA used the franchise Star Wars for the money grab and got away with it. Just like Blizzard is using the Diablo franchise to cash in that cow before she dies.

Gamers cannot speak with their wallets if it is mobile users there after. Gamers build the franchise, and Activision rented it out to their new audience. There's nothing gamers can do. Their game went on phone and it is free. It's going to milk people in the east regardless.
I concede. I was only considering North America and not thinking about the ravenous blizzard (and mobile phone) fan base in Asia.

Like I said before. I’m just tired of turning on my phone or computer and seeing the newest popular outrage bandwagon and I’m more than willing to admit that my disgust for it has begun to colour my opinion.