General Bo-Taoshi

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This has to be one of the most entertaining sports I've seen. 150 players between 2 teams! It's all out chaos!

Bo-taoshi, is a capture-the-flag-like game, played on sports days at schools in Japan. The game, traditionally played by cadets at the National Defense Academy of Japan on its anniversary, is famous for its size, wherein two teams totalling 150 individuals each vie for control of a single large pole.

View: https://youtu.be/WmJ4ouUJ-T4

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It's no smear the queer game with 150 players, but it's alright.
Never heard of this, was not what I pictured, given the name of the game.

Played with an object that can be tossed and easily carried such as a balled up t-shirt, football, or shoe.

Play starts when object is thrown into the air. Players may either snatch object out of the air or wait until it lands. If the object lands, the person closest to it MUST pick it up. (Group will use judgement, or someone who wants it can just pick it up.) Once a player is in posession of the object, they try not to get tackled. Once tackled, the object is thrown into the air (or at a particular person) and the game starts over. Play usually ends when everyone is tired or when someone gets hurt.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

Played with an object that can be tossed and easily carried such as a balled up t-shirt, football, or shoe.

Play starts when object is thrown into the air. Players may either snatch object out of the air or wait until it lands. If the object lands, the person closest to it MUST pick it up. (Group will use judgement, or someone who wants it can just pick it up.) Once a player is in posession of the object, they try not to get tackled. Once tackled, the object is thrown into the air (or at a particular person) and the game starts over. Play usually ends when everyone is tired or when someone gets hurt.
It's the best non-sport ever created. No teams. Every man/woman/tranny for themselves. Whoever has the ball, frisbee, sock, whatever, is the queer and everyone is after him/her until they get tackled. This can be a single person tackling, or all the players on the field tackling them. It's American as fuck!

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Yep, what a name lol
that was the game as a kid here

The best players were the best athletes, meanest, or just giants
Makes for great ball carrier training for a future tackle football player...and also great training for tacklers

Used to play it under Oaks with 8+ inches of leaves or in the snow when possible...Helluva lotta fun

Some folks eventually decide to never pick up the object because they don't want that smoke

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It's the best non-sport ever created. No teams. Every man/woman/tranny for themselves. Whoever has the ball, frisbee, sock, whatever, is the queer and everyone is after him/her until they get tackled. This can be a single person tackling, or all the players on the field tackling them. It's American as fuck!
Yep
No teams...although sometimes coalitions form

and you can play anywhere and don't need a certain shaped playing field
I have seen lil fuckers run down the street and end up moving the game to a completely different area lol
Game is as real as it gets to Survival...U get caught your basically dead if you don't let go of the goods...running fo yo life

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Yep
No teams...although sometimes coalitions form

and you can play anywhere and don't need a certain shaped playing field
I have seen lil fuckers run down the street and end up moving the game to a completely different area lol
Game is as real as it gets to Survival...U get caught your basically dead if you don't let go of the goods...running fo yo life
We used to play it on the infield surrounded by track. The track was out of bounds, but there was no rules against tackling someone on the track if they got too close or if they stepped out of bounds and someone was close enough to hammer them. Our games were usually broken up by teachers tipped off by screams of kids crying. Great game!

T

The Big Guy

We used to play it on the infield surrounded by track. The track was out of bounds, but there was no rules against tackling someone on the track if they got too close or if they stepped out of bounds and someone was close enough to hammer them. Our games were usually broken up by teachers tipped off by screams of kids crying. Great game!
Did they make you play the queer everytime?

T

The Big Guy

If you play the game, it's your duty to be the queer, not to avoid it. Those that avoid it would not be allowed to play the following day.
I know the rules. We used to play that too. It usually ended in neighborhood vs neighborhood streetlights.

Obviously my street always won. Stab stab stab