Lifestyle Boiled some steaks with @Belobog

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
natty ice only has 5.9% abv.

la fin du monde has 9% abv.
Fucking he'll that's why I can't see through it. Does it have that perfumey taste that sometimes happens with strong foreign beers?

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Fucking he'll that's why I can't see through it. Does it have that perfumey taste that sometimes happens with strong foreign beers?
it's a pretty smooth beer in taste . I wouldn't know it had 9% abv if it wasn't listed "trois pistoles" is another beer from unibroue that has this quality.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Since I have never seen Belobog @Belobog post, even in this thread all about him, I'm going to assume it's just an Splinty @Splinty alternate personality.

Also, how long did you boil for and how long did you sear?

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

Is that flavor called Devil's Backbone?

I ask because it's a bit odd that there is a brewery in Virginia named Devil's Backbone.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Also, how long did you boil for and how long did you sear?
Almost 4 hours of boiling. 30 seconds of sear on each side.
Since I have never seen Belobog @Belobog post, even in this thread all about him, I'm going to assume it's just an Splinty @Splinty alternate personality.
Oh you'll enjoy this... as I double check his history, I see he was last seen disagreeing with us in the Trump thread.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
I met Belobog @Belobog this weekend after discussing our love of boiled steaks.
Here's how to boil them.

Start off with a beautiful Texas day....

Pick up 3 well marbled 1.5 inch ribeyes.... That's some amount or another in centimeters for countries that don't have inches...or proper steaks.

On the way home, get 15lbs of spicy excellent crawfish. Thanks for this habit Louisiana.

Bags loaded up...

Immediately start drinking a Texas beer... You're gonna need it for the criticism you are about to receive for boiling your steaks.

Steaks into a bag (no the Tony's didn't go on the steaks and the coke is for his wife)

All bagged up... science experiment in the kitchen started.
Once heated up, drop the steaks in. You'll be eating them for dinner. It's only lunch time.

Lunch is served (he said stfu about the counter)...

After getting well liquored off aerated beer and old scotch...

Quick pause for Belobog @Belobog and his baby repping TMMAC

Steaks done...

Ewww...they're grey! We must have messed it up...

Better break out an induction cooking plate...

Hrrmmm, 30 seconds later that looks more like a steak I know...

Hey, there we go!

What the pics don't show is that the steak fat is PERFECTLY cooked in a way you just don't normally get. The proteins are perfectly denatured and it is a great steak.

Leigh @Leigh, this guy's boiling steaks!
Be careful tagging Leigh @Leigh
It is a punishable offense.
Joking those steaks look awesome but I'll never betray my kamado.

Gonna have a spring bbq soon.
Stay tuned

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If I had a car analogy, Sous Vide prep would be the modern super car. Bells and whistles that make it exact. Traction control, steering assistance, etc. You are a better drive for that auto dual clutch transmission. The car is faster because of its technology.

Grilling? That's the manual rear wheel drive with way too much power. You might destroy everything, but if it's also super satisfying when you learn to use it.

Like any good Texan, I'm a huge fan of smokers, charcoal bbq, etc. But its hard to ignore the results of the Sous Vide...even if the process and outcome loses some heart and soul.