Listen Bon Jovi, Dire Straits, the Cars, Moody Blues among acts to enter Rock n Roll HoF

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
Not the world's most deserving band. Not iconic like The Beatles, Led Zeppelin or The Rolling Stones, but I grew up with Bon Jovi's albums Slippery When Wet and New Jersey as the soundtracks for a few of my formative years. Thirty-two years later and there are still days when I'm singing this song:

Bon Jovi, The Cars, Nina Simone, Dire Straits, The Moody Blues and Sister Rosetta Tharpe, make up the 2018 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame class. They were inducted Saturday night in Cleveland.

Rock Hall of Fame 2018 Recap: Bon Jovi, The Cars, Moody Blues Inducted

This one was huge when I was a kid too, and I like it (same as Walk of Life, So Far Away, Industrial Disease and others) but I don't have the same attachment that I do to Bon Jovi tunes.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
Tupac is in the rock and roll Hall of Fame.

Just fyi
I don't point a lot of stock in the RnR HoF. It's mostly just a talking point/tourist attraction. There's plenty of controversy surrounding all halls of fame, and the RnR HoF probably surpasses them all in terms of debates over who should and shouldn't be admitted.

Generally, for me, it prompts a trip down memory lane.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
One of my fondest memories is hiking up Mam Tor in Derbyshire singing New Jersey in its entirety with my friend.
Good for them.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Why? Not that I really give two flyings when I pop my clogs but if I had a wish i’d Be scattered at Donington.
Because it's a horrible depressing dump of a county, and the people there fuck sheep, that's why

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I have to cross the border into derby for work, it's like working with abbos. They are still humans but thier ways perplex me

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I'm shocked Dire Straits wasn't already in there.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
I went to the RnR HOF last summer. It was pretty anti climactic unless you are into Elvis, guitars that may have been played once or twice, and shiny jackets.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Oh fuck, thinking about The Moody Blues. Nights in White Satin was my mum and dad's song.
There are rappers in the rock n roll hof. It has as much credibility as the Nobel peace prize being given to Yassir Arafat.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
They all belong in there. They do need to rename the rock hall of fame to music hall of fame though.