Lifestyle Bourbon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
You gonna drink it, or gaze at it?
A bit of both. It's hunting season, and a few of those are hard to find. They'll be cracked for the right occasion

I have plenty of bottles open at the moment :)

Although haven't been drinking much lately with my back fucked up. Been trying to be healthy with food/nutrition and not drinking :rolleyes:

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I'm having a Hell of a time finding Blanton's up here. You're a lucky man.
I've actually got two, and they weren't easy to get my hands on. I do feel lucky. That's one I buy on site if I see it. Weller 12 and the Eagle Rare are both hard to find. The EH Taylor single is kinda hard to find often as well.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
What's in season where you at?
I was referring to whiskey hunting season. Some of the Buffalo Trace products (the 3 I mentioned in the other response) are only distributed once a year to select liquor stores in TX. It's usually around the holidays/end of year. The quantity is really limited, and it flies off the shelves. Most liquor stores will only get a case or two of each.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I was referring to whiskey hunting season. Some of the Buffalo Trace products (the 3 I mentioned in the other response) are only distributed once a year to select liquor stores in TX. It's usually around the holidays/end of year. The quantity is really limited, and it flies off the shelves. Most liquor stores will only get a case or two of each.
Maybe that's why Blanton's is so scarce up here right now.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
BeardOfKnowledge @ConorMcGregorsBeard

And the shitty thing is that all of those hard to get bottles can be found online on the black market. But it's often at up to a 10x markup.

It ruins it for dudes like us that want to enjoy it. People drive around raiding liquor stores for some of these, and then they just sell it for way too much money online. It's a whole weird and shitty little second tier industry.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Nice selections.

Oddly enough, out of those pictured i have the hardest time finding Buffalo. The Wellers are pretty easy to find, Blanton's isn't too difficult, and I can walk 3 blocks and get a case of the Eagle right now. Saw it on the shelf when I was picking up some Michters last night.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
I am sipping on a bottle of Woodford I bought myself for Christmas. Usually its just Beam for me but I like to keep a nice bottle around. Sometimes you just cant beat a bourbon with a few ice cubes.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Nice selections.

Oddly enough, out of those pictured i have the hardest time finding Buffalo. The Wellers are pretty easy to find, Blanton's isn't too difficult, and I can walk 3 blocks and get a case of the Eagle right now. Saw it on the shelf when I was picking up some Michters last night.
Get the fuck out......seriously?! What about Weller 12? That's my pride and joy, can barely get my hands on it. Found two bottles in the last 3 years. All of these bourbons are the same distillery that makes Pappy, and Weller 12 has an almost identical mashbill. Some people refer to it as 12-year pappy. It's great. I'm about ready to make a road trip! Buffalo tends to get a little scarce at times here to, but unlike some of the others, when stores do get it they get a lot and it will be in the shelves for a bit.

Eagle is great, try that if you haven't. Usually at a price point around $30. Hard to beat.

The whole supply and demand thing started with Weller 12. When the bourbon craze hit, the secret got out that it was an excellent bottle for not a ton of money. And then when that was gone, the same people discovered Blanton's, and so on. It's all Buffalo Trace products, and too many people know about it now. Several years ago, I'd be able to buy all of those bottles, and more often than not they'd be covered in dust. And now I can barely get my hands on them.

Last edited:

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Get the fuck out......seriously?! What about Weller 12? That's my pride and joy, can barely get my hands on it. Found two bottles in the last 3 years. All of these bourbons are the same distillery that makes Pappy, and Weller 12 has an almost identical mashbill. Some people refer to it as 12-year pappy. It's great. I'm about ready to make a road trip! Buffalo tends to get a little scarce at times here to, but unlike some of the others, when stores do get it they get a lot and it will be in the shelves for a bit.

Eagle is great, try that if you haven't. Usually at a price point around $30. Hard to beat.

The whole supply and demand thing started with Weller 12. When the bourbon craze hit, the secret got out that it was an excellent bottle for not a ton of money. And then when that was gone, the same people discovered blantons, and so on. It's all Buffalo Trace products, and too many people know about it now. Several years ago, I be able to buy all of those bottles, and more often than not they'd be covered in dust. And now I can barely get my hands on them.
When I get to the office I'll do some digging.

Maybe we can work out a trade agreement if you have access to things that I have a hard time getting and vice versa.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Nice selections.

Oh, and BTW - Michters is pretty damn solid too. You get the American whiskey, or the small batch bourbon?

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Also, I've been entering all of the recent lotteries for the Pappy collections so i should start finding out about those in a week or two.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Oh, and BTW - Michters is pretty damn solid too. You get the American whiskey, or the small batch bourbon?
The American Whisky this time. It's shockingly good. It may be replacing Knob as my favorite in the $40 price point.