Lifestyle Bourbon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Well I hope you enjoy where you end up.

My next move will either be back home on the Central Coast (if something in my career line materializes) or when I retire. Either way I’m heading back to a foggy little fishing town.
West or East? A foggy little fishing town is exactly where I grew up.
Literally just returned from a short visit.

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
West or East? A foggy little fishing town is exactly where I grew up.
Literally just returned from a short visit.
Morro Bay, CA. Was born & raised in the valley but spent 20yrs in MB & consider it home.

Looking at Central Coast, Ft. Bragg/Mendocino & Oregon Central Coast for retirement. Azores if we actually decide to leave the states.

Where are you looking/moving?

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Morro Bay, CA. Was born & raised in the valley but spent 20yrs in MB & consider it home.

Looking at Central Coast, Ft. Bragg/Mendocino & Oregon Central Coast for retirement. Azores if we actually decide to leave the states.

Where are you looking/moving?
26th we are moving to Christchurch NZ.

I grew up in a small fishing community on an island in the PNW British Columbia

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
26th we are moving to Christchurch NZ.

I grew up in a small fishing community on an island in the PNW British Columbia
Crap. I remember now from a previous thread. Sorry, forgot it was you.

That’s a beautiful area. My brother is stationed in Washington currently & makes me jealous with all the damn pics he keeps sending from Oregon up through BC.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Well, I’m in Arizona hanging out with my wife’s side of the family. It’s largely uneventful when we visit here. That’s an understatement, but I’m trying to be kind lol.

But, while we’re doing nothing right now as we await the time to go out for dinner, I found an uncorked bottle of Woodford at grandpas house that I was given free reign to. The night just got a little better ?

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Well, I’m in Arizona hanging out with my wife’s side of the family. It’s largely uneventful when we visit here. That’s an understatement, but I’m trying to be kind lol.

But, while we’re doing nothing right now as we await the time to go out for dinner, I found an uncorked bottle of Woodford at grandpas house that I was given free reign to. The night just got a little better ?
Can't go wrong with Woodford!
I have an unopened bottle of redemption bourbon to tuck into tonight. Not like I have a job or anything!

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Can't go wrong with Woodford!
I have an unopened bottle of redemption bourbon to tuck into tonight. Not like I have a job or anything!
It’s been a while, but I recall redemption being pretty easy to drink.

I don’t know if I’ve said it to you or not yet. But I am excited and happy for you with your upcoming move. I hope this is a great adventure for you and your family ?

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It’s been a while, but I recall redemption being pretty easy to drink.

I don’t know if I’ve said it to you or not yet. But I am excited and happy for you with your upcoming move. I hope this is a great adventure for you and your family ?
Well thank you! I appreciate it. House is mostly packed. Will be sleeping on a mattress on the floor tonight and eating off of paper plates tomorrow.
Stress is starting to ramp up.

Redemption apparently has a rye as well. Might give it a go next time round.

Cheers!

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Well thank you! I appreciate it. House is mostly packed. Will be sleeping on a mattress on the floor tonight and eating off of paper plates tomorrow.
Stress is starting to ramp up.

Redemption apparently has a rye as well. Might give it a go next time round.

Cheers!
Cheers, my friend, You’re almost there! Maybe this is easy for me to say, but the hard part is mostly done. The rest is the reward of the work you’ve put in.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Cheers, my friend, You’re almost there! Maybe this is easy for me to say, but the hard part is mostly done. The rest is the reward of the work you’ve put in.
The hard part is going to be the flights and living out of suitcases till our container arrives!

Last edited:

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Well buying this was a mistake. Terribly sweet. Not sure what to do with it. It's horrible straight and even worse as a cocktail.
Maybe it'll go well with a spicy gingerbeer. Could always use it for cooking I guess.
View attachment 37988
Agreed. I love Knob Creek, but that one was way too sweet. Took it on a camping trip and after the first couple of pulls the bottle was regulated to "Syrup Shots" in the morning with our pancakes.

They way overdid it on the maple. It tastes like syrup.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Agreed. I love Knob Creek, but that one was way too sweet. Took it on a camping trip and after the first couple of pulls the bottle was regulated to "Syrup Shots" in the morning with our pancakes.

They way overdid it on the maple. It tastes like syrup.
It made for a pretty bad ass bbq sauce on ribs.
Everyone was raving about it last night.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
ingredients?
Can't tell you quantities as things like this I just eyeball
Bourbon
Butter
Maple syrup
Brown sugar
Liquid smoke
Ketchup
Garlic pepper
Salt
Dijjon mustard
Worcestershire sauce
Mustard powder
Chipotle sauce for a bit of heat

Had it or real low for about 3 hours. It reduced to a nice consistency

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Cheers, fellas. It’s good to be back home with my whiskey.

Traveling last week to go see family was good, but those trips always end up being plenty long ?
6530C7EC-35D4-4310-BF2F-CB114D0FDFEA.jpeg

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Received this as a gift today. Haven’t tried it yet….but I will.

going to be on the beach all of next week, this just might have to travel with me.
9CCD5F2F-33EF-4AD7-A4F8-397C9E238B07.jpeg

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Received this as a gift today. Haven’t tried it yet….but I will.

going to be on the beach all of next week, this just might have to travel with me.
View attachment 38943
So…I’ve been enjoying this Caribbean Balvenie bottle. I think as someone who is primarily a bourbon drinker, the vanilla and spice this juice picked up from the rum barrels makes it a good crossover to scotch for me. For a serious scotch drinker though, I could see how they might see it as a novelty kind of bottle.

actually, I’ve been enjoying a lot of whiskey this week. So far my bro and dad and I have killed 6 bottles this week ?. But hey, I don’t get to day drink on the beach all that much so when in Rome!