Lifestyle Bourbon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
That’s a good one, but I have hardly ever seen that one locally. Is that readily available where you are?
No. Sadly. Local restaurant has a great bourbon selection and turned me on to it. I’ve seen it at a few restaurants near me. But nowhere to buy myself.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
No. Sadly. Local restaurant has a great bourbon selection and turned me on to it. I’ve seen it at a few restaurants near me. But nowhere to buy myself.
Yeah, that’s probably about the only way to find it. If you were lucky enough to find it for sale or on the black market, people way overcharge for it. Restaurants/bars get the lions share of a lot of those hard to find bottles. There’s only a few places here that I can think of that might have it on hand. And it’s not something they would have all the time. Only place I’ve ever tried it was a fancy whiskey bar. I’d love to try it again, but they charged a good bit for a pour.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
My wife took me out to dinner tonight for my birthday, and she took me to a place that has a good whiskey selection. She’s such a good wife?

I had an old fashioned with a barrel strength Russels Reserve that was a barrel pick by this restaurant.

and then I had a few neat sips:
Elijah Craig 18 year
Weller 12
and Whistle Pig 18 year rye.

not a bad day for tastings ?

and she also got me a bottle of this, which is one of the better local distilleries (and I’ve never tried their cask strength)
View attachment 63642
Tried a couple sips of this earlier. Pretty pleased with it so far, and not hard to drink at all for a cask strength bottle. It was a gift, but I’d buy again. For those of you that have been around this thread for a while, you know I have historically been pretty low on Texas whiskey for the most part. But these guys do it right. Cheers and happy Saturday dudes
29225A95-E9E3-40B0-A34A-B2CCB95B44FB.jpeg

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Not bourbon, but my bro brought this by and we’re gonna give it a go here in a bit. He’s been digging Japanese whiskey lately, so I guess we’ll see how it is! 9AA6B27D-F9B4-425A-B7DC-FC38366F82CA.jpeg

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I like most of those
Not a rum guy and for some reason i don’t remember ever drinking four roses
No idea how that Rum is. Saw it at the liquor store and thought I'd give it shot for $20 or whatever it was. Four Roses is a really good bourbon.

ManDingo

Your Mother’s Lover
Dec 10, 2021
bulleit rye is good
I get a george dickel too but i think that Tennessee whiskey not bourbon