Boxing does it better than the UFC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
Yeah but that's not really a high bar. The local badminton club does it better than the UFC.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
gotta love Trinidad. Ricardo was a cigarette smokin shit talkin tough guy that Tito dismantled. Sort of like a Tank Abbott character. Good copy for the masses, but you really loved to see him get his ass kicked.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Trinidad/Vargas had to be my favorite though. Had a buttload of money on Tito and he almost lost it several times, not to mention he almost got disqualified. Larry Merchant and Jim Lampley called that one. I nearly soiled myself watching that one. My belief in the almighty reached an apex on that one. It felt like a direct line of communication with the big guy was confirmed. That's suspiciously similar to what one hears at a gamblers anonymous meeting, I suspect. Anyway, the Mayorga fight was a lot more fun to watch though. Kinda like Vitor Belfort teeing off on Tank-- that was beautiful.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Disagree. Not because I think the UFC does it well, but I personally hate in boxing how there are a million cunts standing around the fighters before and after the fights. And for me, national anthems at sporting events are awkward, silly and kind of gay. In post-fight interviews there are legitimately scumbags hanging off the boxers that aren't even part of their corner just trying to get their faces on TV.

Pro-Wrestling worked out the formula for entrances, because that business is forced to work out the best entrances. Anthems can still be a part of this, even though I don't like them personally, but boxing and the UFC don't have shit on pro-wrestling entrances overall. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

The Korean Zombie gets this. He makes sure the announcers call him Zombie and comes out to 'Zombie'. His brand is constantly reinforced in people's minds and he has become more than Chan Sung Jung because of it. At least keep your music consistent like Cro Cop did, and even my old mate Tim Kennedy knew this (even though, while a decent song, it's pretty shit entrance music).