General Breaking Now- Comey dismissed as FBI director

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Spicy Sean was just asked if it was appropriate for Trump to ask Comey about any active investigations into him as it is against DoJ guidelines. Spicer answered with an, 'I dont know'.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Spicy Sean was just asked if it was appropriate for Trump to ask Comey about any active investigations into him as it is against DoJ guidelines. Spicer answered with an, 'I dont know'.
What if melania meets the doj on an airplane secretly?

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Spicy Sean just refused to comment on Trump's tweet to Comey about possible 'tapes'.
LOL. America's Orange Mob Boss is now taping people without their consent? Ironic eh?.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Didn't say it was.

It is however contemptible, shady and dirty. Which is why it is illegal in some states....
Not 100%
but I believe all presidents call are recorded
and if not I'm sure it was accidental unmasking anyway

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
The recordings will either come back to bite Trump or Comey in the ass.

Democrats have demanded the committee has access to the tapes if they exist and if not, Trump needs to tell them so.

Schiff demands Trump turn over Comey 'tapes'
Senior House Democrats demanded on Friday that President Donald Trump turn over to Congress any tapes he might have made of his conversations with ousted FBI Director James Comey.

Reps. John Conyers and Elijah Cummings, the top Democrats on the House Judiciary and Oversight Committees, wrote to White House counsel Don McGahn asking whether such tapes exist and requesting copies if so. And Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, issued a statement saying Trump must either provide the tapes to Congress or admit he made them up.

View: https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/863101054883438592

Last edited:

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Why did McCabe lie about him being liked?
So I guess James Clapper is lying too?

--Clapper also contradicted the White House's account that the FBI rank and file had lost faith in Comey running the agency.

"From my vantage, the morale in the FBI was very high," he said. "And I can attest because of the high esteem and respect that people in the FBI had and still have for Jim Comey."

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
So I guess James Clapper is lying too?
Wait, we disregard James Clapper unless we like what he is saying right?

Not 100%
but I believe all presidents call are recorded
and if not I'm sure it was accidental unmasking anyway
Presidential phone calls are all temporarily recorded and spit into transcript as needed.
There's nothing public about the transcripts being always, sometimes, temporary, permanent or if the NSA keep them to blackmail the president or whatever?

But yeah, the calls are all snooped internally for presidential protection and unclear archiving reasons.

I wonder if Trump knows if the calls were recorded. I can find nothing that clearly states what keeps a transcript. And I also would guess "tapes" references the above given the purposeful use of quotes.

the Presidential Records Act:

• Defines and states public ownership of the records.
  • Places the responsibility for the custody and management of incumbent Presidential records with the President.
  • Allows the incumbent President to dispose of records that no longer have administrative, historical, informational, or evidentiary value, once he has obtained the views of the Archivist of the United States on the proposed disposal.
  • Requires that the President and his staff take all practical steps to file personal records separately from Presidential records.
  • Establishes a process for restriction and public access to these records. Specifically, the PRA allows for public access to Presidential records through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) beginning five years after the end of the Administration, but allows the President to invoke as many as six specific restrictions to public access for up to twelve years. The PRA also establishes procedures for Congress, courts, and subsequent administrations to obtain special access to records that remain closed to the public, following a 30‑day notice period to the former and current Presidents.