Welcome to Our Community

Registering Now takes less than 60 seconds and gives you access to additional features. Register now to dismiss this and other notices.

General Breaking Now- Comey dismissed as FBI director

Discussion in 'The Off-topic Lounge' started by seekntruth, May 9, 2017.

1. Shinkicker

Shinkicker For what it's worth

Ratings:
    +6,818
    So it turned from truthful "OR" routine to truthful "and" routine. No one would deny there was anything routine about Comey and Trump's meetings given the circumstances.

2. KWingJitsu

KWingJitsu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,838
    [​IMG]

3. Hauler

Hauler Unknown Member

Ratings:
    +20,099
    It's just a matter of time before Trump is impeached. Even if it isn't for this, it will happen eventually. He has way too many critics in Washington - and he isn't doing himself any favors by fucking up every other day.

So with all the problems we have in the country, we'll eventually have a trial taking center stage.

What a clusterfuck.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MC Gusto

MC Gusto Sweat from my balls

Ratings:
    +5,817
    Trump lashes out over special counsel appointment

View: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/865169927644340224

View: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/865173176854204416

5. MMA Expert Skip Bayless

MMA Expert Skip Bayless Posting Machine

Ratings:
    +26,846
    Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation
    WASHINGTON — President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”

The conversation, during a May 10 meeting — the day after he fired Mr. Comey — reinforces the notion that Mr. Trump dismissed him primarily because of the bureau’s investigation into possible collusion between his campaign and Russian operatives. Mr. Trump said as much in one televised interview, but the White House has offered changing justifications for the firing.

The White House document that contained Mr. Trump’s comments was based on notes taken from inside the Oval Office and has been circulated as the official account of the meeting. One official read quotations to The Times, and a second official confirmed the broad outlines of the discussion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. MMA Expert Skip Bayless

Ratings:
    +26,846
  7. Truck Party

Truck Party Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,723
    it's getting to the point with all these anonymous officials that I think they must be taking bets amongst themselves on what they can tell the media that the media won't run with. & whoever's on the 'no way they won't go with that' side is going to have to start dipping into their kids' college funds to pay their debts soon

8. Belobog

Belobog First 100
    First 100

Ratings:
    +237
    Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, did not dispute the account.

In a statement, he said that Mr. Comey had put unnecessary pressure on the president’s ability to conduct diplomacy with Russia on matters such as Syria, Ukraine and the Islamic State.

“By grandstanding and politicizing the investigation into Russia’s actions, James Comey created unnecessary pressure on our ability to engage and negotiate with Russia,” Mr. Spicer said.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Splinty

Splinty Shake 'em off
    Admin

Ratings:
    +38,696

Excellent written blog opinion spam. Full of grammar errors and questionable sourcing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Belobog

Belobog First 100
    First 100

Ratings:
    +237
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Hauler

Hauler Unknown Member

Ratings:
    +20,099
    Well then. I guess we owe it all to Pamela Brown.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttpMHXeIP1Q

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Truck Party

Ratings:
    +1,723
    so now we're at the point where if they don't deny exactly everything specifically we should presume them guilty? Trump's had calls to foreign leaders leaked, with supposed descriptions, from his first days in office. Now people who weren't in the room are leaking supposed descriptions of meetings. either you think Trump is so dumb to let everyone into these meeting or you've gotta wonder if you're being lied to

13. KWingJitsu

Ratings:
    +6,838
  14. willthiswork

willthiswork First 9

Ratings:
    +16,332
  15. Truck Party

Ratings:
    +1,723
    • Like Like x 1
  16. seekntruth

seekntruth #keepladyhands
    First 100

Ratings:
    +10,437
    Can't wait to see how Comey explains these under oath...

18 U.S.C. 4 - MISPRISION OF FELONY

And

28 U.S.C. 1361 - ACTION TO COMPEL AN OFFICER OF THE UNITED STATES TO PERFORM HIS DUTY

17. KWingJitsu

Ratings:
    +6,838
    After Comey Testifies:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +5,817
    Russian officials bragged they could use Flynn to influence Trump, sources say

19. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +5,817
    White House responds to report Trump told Russians firing 'crazy' Comey eased 'great pressure'
    Trump told Russians firing 'nut job' Comey relieved 'great pressure': report

In a press release in response to the Times story, the White House disputed not the facts of the report, but the interpretation, saying Trump was talking not about the FBI's criminal investigation into possible collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign, but about post-election scrutiny that was making it hard for him to work with Russia.

"By grandstanding and politicizing the investigation into Russia's actions, James Comey created unnecessary pressure on our ability to engage with Russia," press secretary Sean Spicer said in the statement.

"The investigation would have always continued, and obviously, the termination of Comey would not have ended it," Spicer said, adding that the real story was the leaks of "private and highly classified conversations."

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. seekntruth

seekntruth #keepladyhands
    First 100

Ratings:
    +10,437

Boy oh boy. Someone that actually knows the law.

21. Splinty

Splinty Shake 'em off
    Admin

Ratings:
    +38,696

In one of my first meetings with then-Sen. Jeff Sessions last winter, we discussed the need for new leadership at the FBI," Rosenstein continued. "Among the concerns that I recall were to restore the credibility of the FBI, respect the established authority of the Department of Justice, limit public statements and eliminate leaks.

On May 8, I learned that President Trump intended to remove Director Comey and sought my advice and input. Notwithstanding my personal affection for Director Comey, I thought it was appropriate to seek a new leader,

Correct, he didn't recommend firing him, only fully agreed with firing him.

22. Splinty

Splinty Shake 'em off
    Admin

Ratings:
    +38,696

What do Rosenstein and Sessions know?

Why is there a sureness that Comey being there means leaks and getting rid of him means less leaks?

23. Splinty

Splinty Shake 'em off
    Admin

Ratings:
    +38,696
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. MMA Expert Skip Bayless

Ratings:
    +26,846
    Yes, but the Whitehouse has said it was on his recommendation. He's now saying it wasn't his recommendation. The Whitehouse lied, and Trump fired the guy investigating him because he was investigating him.

25. Splinty

Splinty Shake 'em off
    Admin

Ratings:
    +38,696
    Spicer was obviously in the dark...

Did the president discuss Rosenstein's findings with Rosenstein? “No, I don't believe, I don't know how that sequence went — I don't know,” he said.

What was the president's role? “Again, I have to get back to you on the tick-tock,”

Beyond there appears to be no attempt to hide anything by Trump at the moment. Trumps Lester Holt interview is entirely consistent with the Rosenstein timeline.

Both say Trump had already made up his mind due to the same problems, including public statements and leaks.

Stretching...

Draft saved Draft deleted