Brian Ebersole announces retirement after UFC Fight Night 68 loss

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

After 70 fights, Brian Ebersole has had enough.

The 34-year-old veteran fighter said he’ll retire following his UFC Fight Night 68 loss to Omari Akhmedov on Saturday night.

“I’m getting old, I’m getting up there,” Ebersole said. “I planned on retiring in November after the fight in Melbourne, but we’ll call it a night tonight. I’ve had a long career in MMA, a long career in wrestling and this (leg) has been bugging me throughout my camp. It was just lingering stuff. You try to go harder, and things start to flare up. I’ve been very bipolar in my training camp: sprint, rest, and rest longer, then wake up and sprint. It’s been a hard camp. The stress of worrying about being healthy and worrying about my performance – it’s too much.”

Ebersole (51-17-1 MMA, 4-3 UFC) suffered a knee injury in the first round against Akhmedov (15-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) in their fight on UFC Fight Night 68’s preliminary card. It left Ebersole unable to answer the bell for the second round. It was his 70th career fight, including one no-contest not marked on his record.

“I’ve come a long way,” Ebersole said. “I cheated the system. I was a wrestler my whole life. Once I quit wrestling in college, this was the thing I turned to. I extended it another 15 years. I can gracefully hang ’em up and call it a day. The last couple of fights, I’ve really had to tough it out. Fighting Rick Story really hurt my lower back. I was seeing chiropractors every day for almost two weeks before the fight. That was terrible. Getting the win against John Howard, I thought about it, and was like, ‘Man, I’ve got one more year in me before I really settle down and life takes over and my wife wants to get back to work and resume her career.’ This year was me being greedy.”

LINK to full article: With 51 wins, Brian Ebersole announces retirement after UFC Fight Night 68 loss | MMAjunkie

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
now that he'll have more time likely, since he used to go on message boards quite often, someone should see if he'll do a Q&A (yes I know I don't contribute as much as others but still he'd be cool overall and I try to contribute at least on question to each now) or come use the board.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
^^^^^^he seems like a cool guy and would be good for a Q and A. Shi-, 70 fuc-ing fights, there's gotta be a good story or 2 in his past and interested to hear about it.