BRIGHT on Netflix

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
was worth the watch. nothing life-changing, but solid movie. not for kids. VERY intense. r-rated language. some nudity in strip club scenes. and very violent

major theme is racism. takes places in LA. and had a lot more fantasy elements than i expected (but i enjoyed that)

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
It was basically alien nation with orcs (and no spoiled milk). I enjoyed it quite a bit and would like to see a sequel.

Anyone else notice the centaur?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
It was basically alien nation with orcs (and no spoiled milk). I enjoyed it quite a bit and would like to see a sequel.

centaur? whats that? oh whoops. i got minotaur and centaur mixed up

did you noticed the dragon flying at one point? very rich world

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
centaur? whats that? oh whoops. i got minotaur and centaur mixed up

did you noticed the dragon flying at one point? very rich world
No I didn’t, but I’m sure I missed a bunch of small stuff. The centaur was a cop when they were watching those orca get beat down by police. Was only on screen for two or three seconds.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

That really makes me want to watch, since I loved Alien Nation. Used to watch the show when I was a kid.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Just finished it. A few things toward the end were a little far-fetched even with my suspension of disbelief, but mostly it was great. It really does have a lot of the elements of Alien Nation that made it work, even the darker stuff, plus magic though. Nice work.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Just finished it. A few things toward the end were a little far-fetched even with my suspension of disbelief, but mostly it was great. It really does have a lot of the elements of Alien Nation that made it work, even the darker stuff, plus magic though. Nice work.
yeah thats the way i saw it. ending was a little rough. but it was still a fun ride

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Can someone let me know if this is some dungeons and dragons type show?

Or is it legit?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

Or is it legit?
movie not a show. there are three main species: humans, orcs, elves. but the elves and orcs are "humanized" in the sense that they are part of modern society. elves are the upper-class. humans are sort of middle class. and orcs are the lower-class

its mainly an action flick. will smith. joel edgerton. noomi rapace

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
movie not a show. there are three main species: humans, orcs, elves. but the elves and orcs are "humanized" in the sense that they are part of modern society. elves are the upper-class. humans are sort of middle class. and orcs are the lower-class

its mainly an action flick. will smith. joel edgerton. noomi rapace
Thanks man.....I’m gonna steer clear then as I can’t deal in “fantasyland” unless there is some dirty chick involved

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

Or is it legit?
I agree with K @Kaladin Stormblessed. It's mainly an action flick, a violent buddy cop thing. Like a cross between Uncharted and Alien Nation, with elements of Lord of the Rings just changing the face make-up. You should definitely just watch it, and then you'll get what's going on when the UFC thing comes out.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
I agree with K @Kaladin Stormblessed. It's mainly an action flick, a violent buddy cop thing. Like a cross between Uncharted and Alien Nation, with elements of Lord of the Rings just changing the face make-up. You should definitely just watch it, and then you'll get what's going on when the UFC thing comes out.
I can’t get into fantasy dragon things.....I’m sorry

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
It was mad cheesy and heavy handed with its messaging but I liked it somewhat. Seems like the type of movie you could watch a few hundred times if its on TV, but can't imagine willingly watching it again on netflix.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
That really makes me want to watch, since I loved Alien Nation. Used to watch the show when I was a kid.
You too? Fuck yeah. So basically this movie is Max Landis ripping off Alien nation and Shadowrun. Really just wish they had gotten a Shadowrun story going instead of this being independent of that.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
You too? Fuck yeah. So basically this movie is Max Landis ripping off Alien nation and Shadowrun. Really just wish they had gotten a Shadowrun story going instead of this being independent of that.
If only there was a Shadowrun series. So much potential.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015

I clocked the centaur.

There were some pretty funny lines from Will Smith but I wasn't really that impressed in general.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
For what they were trying to make it out to be it wasnt all that great.

Its basically a Buddy Cop movie with Fantasy elements thrown it.

I generally like anything with Will Smith so i gave it a look see. And it was OK.

But i doubt ill be recommending it to anyone.