Brock or Ronda? Who had the greater impact after "crossing over"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
How would you answer the question below?

Jim Ross makes a case for Ronda:

“Ronda ignited an entire division. She put a lot of women on her in that wagon and pulled it,” Ross said. “… Ronda brought the attention that (WWE’s female superstars) needed to get them noticed so we could see how great they were. So I believe Ronda pulled the wagon on that entire female division and created an entire division and created an environment to where we want to see more of that led by her. All of sudden we get to WrestleMania this year, and three women close the show – unheard of.”

“What Lesnar brought to MMA was headlines, pay-per-view buy rates, but did he contribute to the legacy of the heavyweight division?” Ross said. “Is he going to be known as one of the great heavyweights of all time? Is he going to be a UFC Hall of Famer? I don’t know the answer to those things, but they’re still up in the air somewhat.”

Good points by Good Ol' JR. That said, I don't give a fuck about the WWE women's division so I'd vote for the Beast Incarnate in MMA!!

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Ronda. That's and easy one. She had a whole division opened for her on the biggest promotion in history. She then carried the division until the talent around her caught up and eventually passed her. Her legacy will be the creator of the division and inspiration to millions of little girls around the world.

Brock could have a tremendous career if he had stopped the rasslin and dedicated himself to MMA. However, he got a late start and had a limited impact. He probably made the right choice because he made a shit ton more money in WWE than he would have otherwise. Also, his legacy will always be filled with talk about PED's

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Ronda. That's and easy one. She had a whole division opened for her on the biggest promotion in history. She then carried the division until the talent around her caught up and eventually passed her. Her legacy will be the creator of the division and inspiration to millions of little girls around the world.

Brock could have a tremendous career if he had stopped the rasslin and dedicated himself to MMA. However, he got a late start and had a limited impact. He probably made the right choice because he made a shit ton more money in WWE than he would have otherwise. Also, his legacy will always be filled with talk about PED's
You didn't read the question, did you?

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
Definitely Ronda, (as already mentioned) they catered to her and created a new division for Ronda.
Brock too didn't fit in any division. They didn't cater to him and make a new division of super heavy weights for Brock (which would be awesome!- at least more entertaining than the women's divisions), instead they made him lose shit tons of weight to fit into the ufc's already made divisions.

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
In terms of media attention Ronda hands down, she was on every talk show on the planet. In terms of PPV buys brock for sure

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Ronda was a con job the Feritta's pulled on the mainstream media to ramp up the sale price of the UFC...

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Brock's fight sport accomplishments are almost without parallel...

Micahl

May 26, 2019
UFC business went up with Brock.
Wwe interest went down with Ronda

I don't watch wrestling but ratings dropped something like 25%

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Um, neither were of any significance to me
Just play toys
Also, didn’t read the question, going by title only

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Obviously Brock did more for the UFC then Ronda did for the WWE.

M

member 603

UFC 200 lost it's main event, so they went out and got Brock to save the day. Fans loved it, it sold great, he's one of their biggest PPV sellers they have.

Ronda headlined WrestleMania this year, and they had to bring in the more popular Irish chick (who I guess is their Conor McGregor type character) to make the match more interesting to their fans.... Ronda lost that match, and is taking a hiatus to start a family.... And the WWE hasn't missed a beat I guess (no one on their social media pages are bringing her up). Now I will say that I'm not an expert on the WWE, so I don't know if their business is doing great, but from the reaction of their fans on Twitter last night to the Monday Raw show.... People hate the WWE, so I guess Ronda wasn't a savior.

I'm going with Brock as the bigger crossover star

aghof

an person
Apr 15, 2015
I'm tempted to say Brock takes it with his wrestling and fairly decent size advantage, but I'm not sure he really wants to take it to the ground with someone so versed in the submission game. In that case it becomes a standup battle and a matter of whether Ronda can elude Brock's lunchbox-sized hands long enough, whether by head movement or other means, to land one of her trademark twisting floppy-wristed 1-2s.

The PPV does 2.6M buys, a record, and probably 60-40 in favor of Ronda as far as who was the draw. It would probably take place in Invicta and not the UFC for contractual reasons. The co-main would be Jessica Eye vs. someone for a shot at a new 130 lb. belt in some organization or other, with CM Punk vs. a resurgent Brooklyn Brawler on the undercard.

in other words, the match is a tossup, but either way the fans win!

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I'm tempted to say Brock takes it with his wrestling and fairly decent size advantage, but I'm not sure he really wants to take it to the ground with someone so versed in the submission game. In that case it becomes a standup battle and a matter of whether Ronda can elude Brock's lunchbox-sized hands long enough, whether by head movement or other means, to land one of her trademark twisting floppy-wristed 1-2s.

The PPV does 2.6M buys, a record, and probably 60-40 in favor of Ronda as far as who was the draw. It would probably take place in Invicta and not the UFC for contractual reasons. The co-main would be Jessica Eye vs. someone for a shot at a new 130 lb. belt in some organization or other, with CM Punk vs. a resurgent Brooklyn Brawler on the undercard.

in other words, the match is a tossup, but either way the fans win!