Brooks vs Lentz cancelled due to 'medical issues'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
T

The Big Guy

The weight cut appears to have struck again. The fighter falling prey this time? UFC lightweight Nik Lentz. The ‘Carny’ was scheduled to fight Will Brooks on the prelim card of this weekend’s UFC 216 PPV in Las Vegas, NV. Unfortunately, as ESPN’s Brett Okamoto reports, Lentz has been removed from the event following last minute “medical issues,” that kept him from weighing-in.

UFC has confirmed Will Brooks vs. Nik Lentz is off UFC 216, due to “medical issues” with Lentz.

— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) October 6, 2017

Brooks will almost certainly be removed from the card as well, as the cancellation comes a little over 24 hours out from fight time. However, he should receive his…

UFC 216: Will Brooks vs. Nik Lentz cancelled due to ‘medical issues’

According to the earth mr lentz had a bad weight cut (i see him around he gets huge between fights) and the fight is off

Brooks is probably pissed cause hes riding 2 Ls and 2/3 last opponents missed weight

Last edited by a moderator:

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
These guys must be really bad at picking their nutritionists seriously. This is literally a non issue i cant believe how often this happens.

The Sound of Violence

Host of a podcast about mma podcasts
Oct 28, 2015
Goddammit. Yep it's officially off the card.

"Due to medical issues with Nik Lentz, his bout against Will Brooks at UFC 216 has been cancelled.

The bout between Matt Schnell and Marco Beltran has been moved to the FX prelims, and UFC 216 will proceed as scheduled with 12 bouts."

UFC Statement on Nik Lentz

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
lee is 156...leaves with head down...and ass out

LOL

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
didn't look good...was putting on a good face but showed his low energy level after he was over

tough pound to lose I reckon