Build your own AR15 TME/TMA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Tell me everything about building/assembling your own ar15

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm sorry I can't help.
BUT, I can say I have a beautiful 5.56 NATO Rock River lower and Bravo Co. upper carbine with a short stack 1x7 twist holly double pumper gas carbine with a magpul flip sight dual quad rail zip line free throw stack duster through a barrel jump slap trigger and a hairpin top stopper. The bolt-action carrier group blasts a brass ringer like a virgin belly flopper on a Minnesota firefly puddle, and slides in that sprocket like two-cent whore on nickel night.
You get it's pilot lit and it'll suck start a leaf blower.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
sparkuri;n30069 said:
I'm sorry I can't help.
BUT, I can say I have a beautiful 5.56 NATO Rock River lower and Bravo Co. upper carbine with a short stack 1x7 twist holly double pumper gas carbine with a magpul flip sight dual quad rail zip line free throw stack duster through a barrel jump slap trigger and a hairpin top stopper. The bolt-action carrier group blasts a brass ringer like a virgin belly flopper on a Minnesota firefly puddle, and slides in that sprocket like two-cent whore on nickel night.
You get it's pilot lit and it'll suck start a leaf blower.
This.....sounds a lot like my ex-wife.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
conv_944.jpg

What do you want to know? Here's mine I built a few years ago. Daniel defense upper and rail. Rra lower Magpul all over Barrel is 14.5" with a pinned and welded flash hider.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
its beautiful, just what all is needed as far as kits go? Any special tools needed for assembly? best place to buy parts? what did you spend if you dont mind me asking

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm on mobile in the back of an Army Humvee right now (lol) so I'll have to expand later. You COULD build from scratch but I'm not sure I would again. The gun is modular of a complete lower (serial numbered part with firing mechanism) a complete upper, and a bolt carrier group. Google these terms.

Basically, I'd probably buy a stripped lower and lower kit. There are a few tools that make it easier but can be assembled with normal tools. Its a good learning project. I'd buy a complete upper. This may it may not come with a bolt carrier group (mine is from an m16....probably no difference but some e-penis cred). So now you have a functioning weapon. You need to buy a rear iron site for 50 buvks. DO NOT drop the coin on a big expensive.red dot right away. Get used to shooting it and learn what you might like.

Youll learn a lot about the gun doing it this way. You'll have no headaches. You'll be functioning really quick to go shoot. You'll probably spend about the same as an off the shelf gun or just a little more. If you custom everything from pieces like I did you'll spend a lot more and its not worth it until you've owned one for a bit.

Mine? Maybe 1100-1200 without optic. Prices have since dropped.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yea I had an M4A2 and M16A4 with 203 in the Marines so I'm familair with shooting them. I can do basic field stripping with my eyes closed but never had a need to go past that in terms of assembly and disassembly. Thanks for the pointers. I'll start my research.