General Burger King's meatless burger causing controversy.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Burger King sued for cooking their Impossible Whopper on the same grill as regular meat patties | Daily Mail Online

Burger King is being sued by a group of vegans who complain their meat-free Impossible Whoppers were cooked on the same grill as regular beef patties
  • The lawsuit was filed by Phillip Williams on Monday, after the chain advertises their Impossible Burgers as a vegan – however cooks it next to meat burgers
  • Williams says as a result of Burger King’s counter-productive cooking methods, his supposed meat-free Impossible Whopper was contaminated by meat
  • The burger in question was said to have been purchased at a franchise in Atlanta
  • Williams also cites other similar complaints from vegans online who claimed to have had their Impossible Burgers cooked alongside regular beef patties
  • Williams is seeking compensation for damages, and is also urging Burger King to stop cooking the Impossible Burgers on standard grills altogether

I'm not vegetarian or vegan but if I was and I found out that my burger was cooked on the same grill as meat, I'd be really pissed off.

Keung

Banned
Jun 28, 2017
Congratulations you added a source .

Yeah yeah we get it .. you think this redeems all that was said last Christmas dinner? Well no it does not . You made my parrot cry and I am the bad guy ? Get real mate

Say it again .. go on for the enitre world to hear.

My lazanga had an abortion did it ?

DID IT ....

HAHA typical

Bloddy hell man you can't be doing this anymore.

It's jealousy and a bad bad look

Look at me I'm a guy with a mustache

Hahaha

What a card

What a fool

Let me guess ninth grade edocation there ?

I went to fooking HARVARD LAW SCHOOL .. hahahaha you feel real dumb now don't you sir ?

Am I smarter then you ? Yes

Do I have more life experience? Yes

Is this going anywhere mate ? You getting this through your thick skull monkey boy

Juice head turkey

Tell you what . Next Christmas we are going through tussle . That's right homie me and you are going to Duke it out like we did when we were brothers in iron

Oh what you don't think I remember ?

Hahaha fool I was there when you were giving the razor a lick

Lick lick waterboy

Let me guess ? Cut from the foot ball team ?

Didn't make wrestling practice ?

Your nuts didn't drop yet ?

Am o getting warm

Go back to sleep

See you soon

Boi

But first go on

Go on tell her

Tell her

Tell you momma I said she is a nice lady and I hope nothing but good health and prosperity

Cheers homie

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
dont go to burger king if you want to eat a vegan meal . it seems like common sense . go to a vegan restaurant and stop trying to wreck fast food joints with hippy bullshit

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I don't think real vegans are going to BK for their soy and pea patty fix.
Yes I'm ancient so maybe you won't know what I'm on about but remember the Pepsi Challenge? Where you do a taste test between Coca Cola and Pepsi?
I want that challenge. When I've seen ground fake meat in the store it looks like insipid beige rubbish so I haven't bought any.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Yes I'm ancient so maybe you won't know what I'm on about but remember the Pepsi Challenge? Where you do a taste test between Coca Cola and Pepsi?
I want that challenge. When I've seen ground fake meat in the store it looks like insipid beige rubbish so I haven't bought any.
I haven't tried the impossible whopper, but I have tried quite a few others that claim to be all that and they fail the Pepsi challenge.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I haven't tried the impossible whopper, but I have tried quite a few others that claim to be all that and they fail the Pepsi challenge.

I'm about to. Ordered a Whopper and impossible for that back to back test.
I'm eating a burger king that doesn't clean it's bathrooms, I'm sure to get an authentic experience.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I'm eating a burger king that doesn't clean it's bathrooms, I'm sure to get an authentic experience.

I am curious.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015

Two ketchups, your footprint negates itself with the meatless twat burger.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Rating?

Meh.

Meat appearance is kind of flat. Like those cafeteria burgers you got in school. Edge is charred but it doesn't hold grill lines like the actual Whopper. And the overall char and smoke flavor is not there like the beef. Overall texture is that of a cheap burger. It's a reasonable attempt but isn't even a very good fast food burger.

630 calories for the impossible Whopper and 660 calories for the real thing. No macronutrients on the menu so it's unclear how that breaks down but I don't get a big benefit from the taste or the health.

Whopper is more savory, flavorful, and texture has that thicker consistency. I could be fooled that the impossible is beef but not that it's good beef.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Rating?

Meh.

Meat appearance is kind of flat. Like those cafeteria burgers you got in school. Edge is charred but it doesn't hold grill lines like the actual Whopper. And the overall char and smoke flavor is not there like the beef. Overall texture is that of a cheap burger. It's a reasonable attempt but isn't even a very good fast food burger.

630 calories for the impossible Whopper and 660 calories for the real thing. No macronutrients on the menu so it's unclear how that breaks down but I don't get a big benefit from the taste or the health.

Whopper is more savory, flavorful, and texture has that thicker consistency. I could be fooled that the impossible is beef but not that it's good beef.
The look of fake minced beef in the supermarket looks so gross I can't be swayed. Till I saw it I was considering giving it a go but nah.

I wonder if you were given it without knowing you would have known it wasn't up to par?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Rating?

Meh.

I am pretty surprised you went to the burger king.
Dr. I don't give a fuck

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twJ1fzE_La4

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Rating?

Meh.

That's also my opinion of the "beyond burger" best meatless burger I've ever tried, but right at or near the bottom when compared to actual meat. Its hilarious to watch people fool themselves though, isn't it?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I am pretty surprised you went to the burger king.
I'm out of town.
I have a half cow of 1/2 wagyu 1/2 Angus local beef in the freezer at home.
I do love a good fast food burger and second to Whataburger the whopper is my go-to. BK fries are disappointing though.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
That's also my opinion of the "beyond burger" best meatless burger I've ever tried, but right at or near the bottom when compared to actual meat. Its hilarious to watch people fool themselves though, isn't it?

It's too homogeneous. Like a real beef has some outside texture and inside texture. You get that char and smoke that makes the whopper unique. The a fatty savory aftertaste.

Impossible Whopper is too uniform like a sponge or something. Or tofu block of course. Then there is no real lingering savory aftertaste.

I'd love to get a plant based meat that gave me beef protein without the saturated fat, but that's probably why burgers taste so good. They aren't supposed to be great for you...or eaten all the time.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I'm not at burger king for a moral calling.

Yes. For all the reasons I posted. It isn't a very good representation of the actual whopper.
Rhino and Song will hate me for it but I don't really turn my nose up at any meat unless it's still breathing on my plate.

Draw the line at snails, dogs, rabbits and horses...they were either actual pets or sort of pets. Went a bit wonky seeing dogs in tanks in Korea but I literally saw that for a split second and not sure if it was like a grocery store of a pet store.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Rating?

Meh.

Fair analysis.

You should try Carl's Jnr version.
Much better.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
The Impossuble Whopper was better than some frozen veggie patties I’ve had. If it had fewer calories i could be talked into having it more often.

Oh, and it tasted like the real thing to me.