Bus beheader Vince Li gets approval to live in Winnipeg group home

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The man who beheaded a fellow passenger on a Greyhound bus in Manitoba has been approved to move from a mental hospital to a group home in Winnipeg.

Vince Li killed Tim McLean during the bus trip on the TransCanada Highway near Portage La Prairie in July 2008.

He was later found to be not criminally responsible for the murder due to mental illness.

Li has resided ever since at the Selkirk Mental Health Centre but has been given increasing freedoms, including unsupervised outings in Selkirk and Winnipeg.

A public rally will be held Saturday afternoon at the Manitoba legislature called “Justice for Tim McLean.”

McLean’s mother, Carol de Delley, says she will attend.

“My heart drops because this is solidifying my fear that I’ve had since the beginning of this,” she said Friday.

“I’ve been trying to make people aware of the fact that this individual is going to be walking amongst us again. And it’s just now that he’s actually going to be out in the neighbourhood that people are starting to hear what I’ve been saying.”

Justice officials have said Li was suffering from untreated schizophrenia at the time. Doctors have praised his response to treatment and believe he is a low risk to re-offend because he’s taking the medication he needs.

“Recently the board dealt with a request from the hospital to increase privileges for Mr. Li so that the hospital could grant an extended pass to reside at a Level 5 group home in the city of Winnipeg,” John Stefaniuk, chair of the Manitoba Criminal Code Review Board, said Friday.

At a hearing at the board in February, doctors recommended he move to a psychiatric unit at Winnipeg’s Health Sciences Centre and “with continuous assessment” possibly be allowed to move to a Level 5 group home in Winnipeg.

It’s not known if Li has yet made the move, or the location of the facility where he may be staying.

Stefaniuk said a level 5 group home typically has 24 hour staffing, supervision and administration of medication, and “at the very least a curfew.”

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Holy fuck, just read this on Wiki about it:

According to witnesses, McLean was sleeping with his headphones on when the man sitting next to him suddenly produced a large knife and began stabbing McLean in the neck and chest. The bus driver pulled to the side of the road so that he and all the other passengers could exit the vehicle. The attacker then decapitated McLean and displayed his severed head to other passengers standing outside. The driver and two other men had attempted to rescue McLean but were chased away by Li, who slashed at them from behind the locked bus doors. Li then went back to McLean's body and began severing other parts and consuming some of his victim's flesh.

This murder is horrendous, but I fear through all the horror of this crime, no one has been educated about mental health and schizophrenia. His mother want's justice?... by locking up a man who was at the time severely ill but through treatment, is now stable enough to enter the world. How will locking up him for life etc make things better? Schizophrenia can happen to anyone of us through no fault of our own, obviously this is very disturbing and rare case of schizophrenia but still...

This was a severely ill man, and now he's not...he wasn't a killer before he had Schizophrenic episode, and as doctors believe is not a killer after. I have no problem with him entering the world again. Rehabilitation can work, especially in cases like these.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Let him move in next to you then

Sent from my SGH-S730M using Tapatalk