Bush league Bellator

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It's just so strange that, at least for us in North America, they're going to have the prelims on the app and then take time off and then go back to the app for the last 3 fights and then later they're showing the other main card fights on delay on DAZN and Paramount.

That's just fucking awkward.
for sure it is. i hate switching from platform to platform when the ufc does it to us too and the time off in between is like the much hated rizin/pride/k1 intermissions.at least it wont be at 4 am . i hope the guy who provides my illegal streams has it all figured out

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
for sure it is. i hate switching from platform to platform when the ufc does it to us too and the time off in between is like the much hated rizin/pride/k1 intermissions.at least it wont be at 4 am . i hope the guy who provides my illegal streams has it all figured out
Based "illegal streams" guy lol

aghof

an person
Apr 15, 2015
man, those tense moments when the guy's clicking around trying to figure out how to get to the next source... almost as bad as when it freezes in the middle of a fight.

M

member 3289

It's just so strange that, at least for us in North America, they're going to have the prelims on the app and then take time off and then go back to the app for the last 3 fights and then later they're showing the other main card fights on delay on DAZN and Paramount.

That's just fucking awkward.
I don't know why the fuck DAZN would agree to this in the contract they signed with Bellator

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I agree about putting on geriatric fights and freak show fights and feeding thr wrong ppl cans.. how does pico get all these killers but danis annoying ass is fighting dudes that would get mauled by regional show low tier guys... the whole DAZN streaming bullshit and half ass TV cards suck..but there's a lot of elite guys in bellator and put on good fights.. these Tito or chael and rampage fights are not what we wanna see..put some of the young killers from preliminaries on main card and keep building your talent.. old ass fighters aren't selling events
What were the numbers for the toto Charles fight?
Had to be at least 25,000 iirc

CutmanMatt

MMA Hematologist
Jan 31, 2016
And CutmanMatt @CutmanMatt , perhaps you could shed some light on what was going on in that gracie/Rory fight: Do you work for Bellator or for the individual corners? Coz I've seen you do a good job plenty in the past but I just watched the Rory v Neimar Gracie fight. Saw you run into the cage at about 58 seconds into the break inbetween rounds 2 and 3 and apply the enswell for about a quarter of a second... ahhh..lol....what?
Did you guys just not realize straight away he needed it (it wasn't really that bad), or you saw 2 corner men in already and thought that was the limit (but then changed your mind with 2 seconds left), or did you leave the bucket backstage or something?
What's the actual procedure for a cutman going in? Is it you recognizing a fighter needs tending to, or for the head corner man to tell you to go in?
And how many corner/cut men are allowed in the cage between rounds, I thought it was 2, but in that fight it was clearly 3 as you guys had in the later breaks. Is that a Bellator thing or a Gracie exception thing or were you guys straight up cheating and you can get away with it because it's Bellator and no one really knows what's going on?
NY has recently changed their rule set thanks to a petition from the UFC. Now in NY, the cutman doesn't count as a corner. This was told to me at 55 seconds into that round break. The swelling was apparent, but not bad enough for me to want to pull a coach in a title fight. Once NYSAC decided to let us know the rule change (in the middle of a title fight), I went in.

I work for Bellator. Corners are assigned the night before.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
NY has recently changed their rule set thanks to a petition from the UFC. Now in NY, the cutman doesn't count as a corner. This was told to me at 55 seconds into that round break. The swelling was apparent, but not bad enough for me to want to pull a coach in a title fight. Once NYSAC decided to let us know the rule change (in the middle of a title fight), I went in.

I work for Bellator. Corners are assigned the night before.
Haha, crazy. Thanks for responding. So it's the commission that sets the rules for how many corner men go in, not bellator, ufc etc? Or is it how the commissions interpret bellators rules?
And in other states, what would happen if you saw a cut/bruise you thought was bad, but the coaches didnt and didn't want you to go in. Is it your decision or theirs who goes in?

CutmanMatt

MMA Hematologist
Jan 31, 2016
Haha, crazy. Thanks for responding. So it's the commission that sets the rules for how many corner men go in, not bellator, ufc etc? Or is it how the commissions interpret bellators rules?
And in other states, what would happen if you saw a cut/bruise you thought was bad, but the coaches didnt and didn't want you to go in. Is it your decision or theirs who goes in?
The commission sets the rules. It's happened before that I've wanted to go in and the corners said no. At the end of the day it's their fighter, and while I may disagree it'd do more harm to puff my chest out and get argumentative with them. I'll try and persuade them but Im not just gonna sit one down and go in whether they like it or not.

When it does happen it's typically a less experienced fighter or camp that just isn't used to having help. That being said, it is a bellator rule that only the cutmen can have anything other than water in the corner. Meanig the corner couldn't run in there with their own grease and adrenaline. This is to avoid allegations of greasing etc.. like GSP went through. Its a pretty standard rule amongst the larger orgs.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Bellator's booking is great with the younger fighters and one step north of Bare Knuckle fighting with the oldies

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
When it does happen it's typically a less experienced fighter or camp that just isn't used to having help
I won’t ever understand a team not wanting the use of a professional cut man. You can give instructions through the fence, let the dude who can keep your guy fighting handle the cuts.

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
Chandler just took probers sloppy seconds after they were left for dead in a pool of their own blood .

Not impressed I am

Not with that one off performance .

Give chandler justin and let him earn his spot .