BUSTED: 100% White Woman Gets Caught Pretending to Be Black

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MoomBah

Posting Machine
Feb 16, 2015
LOL. Shes a black studies professor and president of her local NAACP. Tran-race, we've gone too far.

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015
Not sure what to say about this, she's mentally ill.

I'm sure the other place has a number of things to say about her though, starting with 'Liberal' something and ending with 'mudshark'.

They aren't racist though.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
This really takes appropriation to a whole new level. It's weird to me that she thought she couldn't accomplish whatever social justice aims she had as a white woman. I read about her life, how she was raised with black adopted siblings and married a black man, so felt she could identify better with black people. I mean, everyone is technically black due to African ancestry, but she really stretched it pretty far.

A part of me feels like who cares, since there's not really any basis for race except in our heads anyway, but as a mixed race individual who's caught it from both sides in my life, this kind of unsettles me.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Not sure what to say about this, she's mentally ill.

I'm sure the other place has a number of things to say about her though, starting with 'Liberal' something and ending with 'mudshark'.

They aren't racist though.
She's not mentally ill, you need to accept her just was we all need to accept Caitlyn Jenner. We all come from a single mother if we go back far enough. Who are we to say what race someone can or cannot identify as.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
She's not mentally ill, you need to accept her just was we all need to accept Caitlyn Jenner. We all come from a single mother if we go back far enough. Who are we to say what race someone can or cannot identify as.
There's really no equivalency with Caitlyn Jenner because she was pretty transparent about her transition. Someone who passes themselves off for professional gain is a bit different.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
There's really no equivalency with Caitlyn Jenner because she was pretty transparent about her transition. Someone who passes themselves off for professional gain is a bit different.
This woman identifies as black, we need to respect that. Caitlyn Jenner is gaining a lot as well from this, so let's not pretend she's not.

To not treat this women as a black female is America makes you a sisraced asshole.

Last edited:

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
This woman identifies as black, we need to respect that. Caitlyn Jenner is gaining a lot as well from this, so let's not pretend she's not.

To not treat this women as a black female is America makes you a sisracist asshole.
I know you're just trolling (btw it's actually cis, not sis), but the point is that this woman committed fraud in order to gain trust within the black community and work her way into a position of influence. That's really the thing that bugs me about this whole thing. It's not that she's identifying however, but that she lied about it, insulted people's intelligence and then acted as a representative for the black community instead of just being a well meaning activist. It's patronizing and brings back uncomfortable memories in the community of COINTELPRO and the like. It's also the fact that she thought laying in a tanning bed and using some soul glo made her passable. Like, for real?

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I know you're just trolling (btw it's actually cis, not sis), but the point is that this woman committed fraud in order to gain trust within the black community and work her way into a position of influence. That's really the thing that bugs me about this whole thing. It's not that she's identifying however, but that she lied about it, insulted people's intelligence and then acted as a representative for the black community instead of just being a well meaning activist. It's patronizing and brings back uncomfortable memories in the community of COINTELPRO and the like. It's also the fact that she thought laying in a tanning bed and using some soul glo made her passable. Like, for real?
But if that's who she feels like on the inside, then who are we to say what she is or isn't?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I'm intrigued as to how this will play out. Race has no basis in science, so they can't prove she's not black. And technically, she's correct - her ancestors came out of Africa and she is a native of America.

In this day and age, race is such an absurd topic to still exist.

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015
Considering race is a tenuous enough construct that's true enough, but the level of deception involved here goes beyond 'identifying' as anything. I know your point is to discredit 2 birds at the same time but they are totally different animals, I think you know that.