General CA bans gasoline-powered vehicles

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Agreed. Batteries are far worse for the environment than carbon emissions. Batteries don't last very long at full strength and need to be replaced periodically. Is the government going to put tracking devices on those to make sure they are recycled correctly? Give me a break.

A friend drove his parents Tesla to Las Vegas since it had more seating than his sportscar and he was going with friends. He stopped by the Tesla rapid charge station thinking that the advertised 20 minutes would give him what they claimed as far as charge went. It didn't even come close. He was stuck out there for an hour and twenty minutes before he truly had acceptable charge. Yeah, they have a Starbucks and a restaurant, but when you want to go somewhere, you want to get there, not hang out at some gas station that doesn't stink like gas.
Why don't they have solar paneled sunroofs?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Why are you unwilling to accept that innovations happen when we put money into an industry? Ok, maybe batteries don’t get better every single year, but can you agree that battery technology has gotten better in the last 10 years? 20 years? 30 years? I’m genuinely confused why people want to hang on to fossil fuels so dearly. I know that the materials needed for batteries come at a cost as well. It’s not like it’s 100% environmentally friendly either, but it’s sure as shit a lot cleaner than fossil fuels.
What's the world look like when 2 million batteries expire in a single year?

Is it better than spent fossil fuel?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Anyone who has bought one of those dumb ass electric vehicles for kids knows this isn't going to work. After only a couple of months you charge it all night for 15 mins of fun.
I'd jump through a hoop of fire for 15 mins of fun...