Cage or ring - which do you prefer?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ring or cage?

• Ring

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Cage

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • YAMMA Pit

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Just curious what you guys like best. Trying to kill some time and thought I'd make a poll. I prefer the old IVC style rings with nets on the bottom so guys didn't fall out.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I think the small cage is the best of both worlds. The large cage has it's faults, just like the ring has it's fault. In the large cage it is too easy to avoid fighting and makes it harder to cut off the cage. It gives movement based fighters a big advantage, simply because it is so large.

Whereas in a ring you can cut people off and trap them, but you can also fall out of it, which is a danger for injuries to both athletes. Which leads to stopping the action and resets as best you can, but It is never exactly the same dynamic on a reset, than from live action. As well as this it removes some of the strategies fighters have developed to make use of the cage, Cain's fights verse JDS would have looked significantly different in a ring and we would never have seen the Showtime Kick in a ring.

With the small cage, you allow for cutting off the cage easier, force the action, still have fighter safety of no one falling out of the fighting arena and still have the cage as a tool for fighters to take advantage of in interesting ways. Hopefully the UFC will get with the program, and why not? It means more seats, you greedy fucks.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
the cage is so much easier to fight in. i always hated fighting in boxing rings, and a net at the bottom only helps if you were down. i was going to try a throw one time, and the guy used his foot to hook the rope. he fucked up my throw, and pissed me off.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I chose ring only because probably 3/4 of my favorite fights of all time happened in one. The cage looks better, and I think offers less issues in general, but I can't stand how the sport has evolved around the takedowns and clinch game that only happens in a cage and up against the fence. It really has stalled the excitement of so many fights.

I love the feel of how Metamoris has that huge open mat and mma fights on that would be badass, but I don't know how or if it would even be possible to contain the fighters in that area safely.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Ive always hated the ring. Its not made for mma. Guys would fall through the ropes, under the ropes, over the ropes. There was a team of Japanese men that would constantly throw a fighter back into the ring .

The cage is much more cleaner. You wont fall out of it.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Striking with the cage is worse, grappling with the ring is worse and inhibited.

The traditional ability to lean back on the ropes when in trouble make striking combat sports have an extra layer to them. The Cage limits this and balances further towards grappling with the hard fence and trapping people.

I personally like the octagonal Ring with the mesh netting along the bottom used in... Dream I want to say or Rings or one of those.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I prefer cage because a ring involves too many stops in action where fighters need to break and reset in the middle.

Ideally, I would prefer a big open area with no walls.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I picked cage, but honestly...I'll watch two guys thrown down in Target's parking lot, so it doesn't matter much to me.