VID Cain Velasquez on return; Yair Rodriguez to Team Alpha Male

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

When can we expect Velasquez to make his return?

Cain:
  • Has not been approached about a title fight
  • Is still recovering from surgery in January
  • "I'm down to a point where I can't mess around. I need to make sure I'm 100% ready, for myself...and for everyone else out there..."
  • Thinks he will be back some time next year.
Yair:
  • As a Mexican fighter looks up to Cain as a role model
  • They are friends now
  • Is planning to move from Chicago to Sacramento to make TAM his home base, but will still "cross-train" during fight camps to address his weak areas - I assume he means train with other teams or his old team
  • Says he was not mentally there for the fight with Frankie

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
injury or whatever

cain is done IMHO

you don't take years off this game and come back to reclaim glory...confidence is a huge part of fighting

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Also, apparently you can register and pay money to learn how to throw a kick from Cain in a living room, sponsored by bud light. (I might not have that quite right.)

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Cain needs to come back now. Get that belt back. Most of his career he spend waiting.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
injury or whatever

cain is done IMHO

you don't take years off this game and come back to reclaim glory...confidence is a huge part of fighting
never know with Cain though,

I thought he was done after he pulled out of 2nd Werdum fight but he looked pretty damn good against Travis Browne. spinning kicks and shit, unexpected. I still believe in Cain until I see him get pummeled in the octagon.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

I thought he was done after he pulled out of 2nd Werdum fight but he looked pretty damn good against Travis Browne. spinning kicks and shit, unexpected. I still believe in Cain until I see him get pummeled in the octagon.
he looked great...I agree

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

although he pulled out of a fight with werdum

who pummeled him in the octagon badly

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
although he pulled out of a fight with werdum

who pummeled him in the octagon badly
for sure, except for little in the 1st round, it was one sided beating but don't you want to know if Sea-level Cain is real or not??

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
for sure, except for little in the 1st round, it was one sided beating but don't you want to know if Sea-level Cain is real or not??
honestly I think it was more than elevation at play.

first usada testing threatened fight for both

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
I hope I eat crow, but I think Cain is done. Too many surgeries. His career was ruined in the gym, not in the cage. Looking at some of his training videos, it's no wonder that dude was perpetually injured. I actually think he's spent more time injured than healthy in the last 6 years.

Injuries ruined cains career

Last edited:

I hope he proves everyone on this thread wrong.
Cain was a marvel to watch when he was on form, I like the way he carries himself in interviews.

Ed_Stark

I am coming
Oct 24, 2015
If he can stay healthy I think he can get the belt back for sure. However that's a BIG if. He needs to wear ppe's and live in a bubble.