Cain vs. Ngannou targetted for UFC Phoenix in February, according to Ariel

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018

Cain sent out a signal on his Twitter yesterday too:

I would have liked to see Cain vs. Stipe as well. Hot damn, Cain vs. Ngannou still moves my needle, IF Cain can stay healthy by February.

Last edited:
M

member 3289

Last thing Stipe needs is to lose two straight fights, but he probably won't have to worry about it as Cain will pull out with an injury once the fight is scheduled.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Cain is a huge X-Factor here so it makes it interesting...

Will Cain be slow and out of gas and Francis will turn his head into pudding? Or will Cain still have enough explosiveness to get (and keep!) the takedown and GnP Ngannou out????????

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
No idea how Cain looks these days, but he certainly hasn't forgotten how to take someone down. I think this is a terrible matchup for ngannou. Ngannou moving forward is a beast, but backing up or not pulling the trigger in fear of the td is a completely different fighter. His mangement should have turned down this fight.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Cain via ko on the feet (or at least starting there, drop him, finish him off)

I'm gonna put money on it

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
this fight has 'bad karma' written all over it...

If it takes place, I assume that Cain will win easily, manage to hurt himself in the fight & be out for a long time whereas Ngannou will be burnt by being defeated by wrestling, this time in an even more agressive fashion.

Still a real legit matchup and I would love to see that fight!!

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I would have preferred Stipe, but hopefully this will be a good warm-up fight for Cain. He should be able to take Franny down and pound on him at will. Even if he can't finish him right away, the cardio battle isn't even close (assuming sea-level Cain shows up). I'm not going to let myself get excited though. If Cain doesn't pull out before the fight, I'm sure he will find a way to get injured before he can fight again.
I know....