General Cali doctors say covid is BS

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
It appears this 'Doctor" is more like a CEO who is concerned with his company's bottom line and is extrapolating information to suit his cause because he needs more business.

Namaste

M

member 1013

It appears this 'Doctor" is more like a CEO who is concerned with his company's bottom line and is extrapolating information to suit his cause because he needs more business.

Namaste
Did you watch?

you should watch it all bruv

there is a reporter “Tim” who reminds me of you

M

member 1013

Some of his interpretations of the data are off but he raises good points at certain junctures

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015

Namaste
Both licensed California physicians.

Odd you would Wana jump in and discredit them so fast

Namaste

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I watched 30 minutes and just got tired of him repeating the same thing...

He's doing some really weird math over and over that makes this entire premise flawed.
I'm a really good clinician but I am not a public health expert and there is a reason I continue to point back at other people's data and other analysis. otherwise there's a good chance I would make simple mistakes just like this guy.

Let's take his case of Sweden that he is celebrating.
He takes the total number of tests And does a raw extrapolation to the population. He's just doing ratios here that are hugely flawed.

So let's look at Sweden
He says that they tested 74,000 tests.

Today's stays
Sweden
Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:

So he says "ohhh, they've got a positive rate of 20% of those tested are positive so that means 20% of the country must have chronovirus".
Do you see the massive flaw in this thinking?

He then expands that to mean you have 2 million hidden positives and only 2000 deaths. So you must have no threat.

But when you've only got a non random sample size of 0.07% of the population it would take pretty big hubris to assume that represents the reality.

Also Sweden increased their deaths by 25% in the 5 days since he made this video ssssooooo....

Probably much better data is to look at countries that have the largest testing apparatuses instead of trying to take raw numbers of cases and make those the most important countries (I have no idea why he's so interested in the USA and Spain when what you want is to see the countries that have the largest percentage of their population tested, not raw numbers).

And when you look at countries that have lots and lots of testing you start to see how disingenuous it is to just reference a population-wide stat. And with that heterogeneous outcome you can start figuring out how you open up things like spread apart small towns or areas that have more testing and can get sick people away from well people early on to prevent massive spread.

South Korea (the largest and longest testing apparatus with a modern western healthcare system)

30-39 years 0.17%
40-49 years 0.21%
50-59 years 0.77%
60-69 years 2.6%
70-79 years 10.17%
80 years or older 23.92%

Flu is is 0.1-0.2% depending on your season and whether you're in a largely vaccinated population or not.

If there's something at the end of the video at @Lars feel free to let me know and I'll go back and watch it but I'm not going to listen this guy just keep repeating the same bad math after the first eight times

M

member 1013

I watched 30 minutes and just got tired of him repeating the same thing...

He's doing some really weird math over and over that makes this entire premise flawed.
I'm a really good clinician but I am not a public health expert and there is a reason I continue to point back at other people's data and other analysis. otherwise there's a good chance I would make simple mistakes just like this guy.

Let's take his case of Sweden that he is celebrating.
He takes the total number of tests And does a raw extrapolation to the population. He's just doing ratios here that are hugely flawed.

So let's look at Sweden
He says that they tested 74,000 tests.

Today's stays
Sweden
Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:

So he says "ohhh, they've got a positive rate of 20% of those tested are positive so that means 20% of the country must have chronovirus".
Do you see the massive flaw in this thinking?

He then expands that to mean you have 2 million hidden positives and only 2000 deaths. So you must have no threat.

But when you've only got a non random sample size of 0.002% of the population it would take pretty big hubris to assume that represents the reality.

Also Sweden increased their deaths by 25% in the 5 days since he made this video ssssooooo....

Probably much better data is to look at countries that have the largest testing apparatuses instead of trying to take raw numbers of cases and make those the most important countries (I have no idea why he's so interested in the USA and Spain when what you want is to see the countries that have the largest percentage of their population tested, not raw numbers).

And when you look at countries that have lots and lots of testing you start to see how disingenuous it is to just reference a population-wide stat. And with that heterogeneous outcome you can start figuring out how you open up things like spread apart small towns or areas that have more testing and can get sick people away from well people early on to prevent massive spread.

South Korea (the largest and longest testing apparatus with a modern western healthcare system)

30-39 years 0.17%
40-49 years 0.21%
50-59 years 0.77%
60-69 years 2.6%
70-79 years 10.17%
80 years or older 23.92%

Flu is is 0.1-0.2% depending on your season and whether you're in a largely vaccinated population or not.

If there's something at the end of the video at @Lars feel free to let me know and I'll go back and watch it but I'm not going to listen this guy just keep repeating the same bad math after the first eight times
How long will SC MMA MD @SC MMA MD Make it?