Society California $0 bail policy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
In an effort to keep jail populations down to reduce the spread of Covid-19 in the prison system, California has mandated a $0 bail policy.

It's obviously causing some problems.

Dijon Landrum was arrested 3 times on Wednesday.
  • 8:28 AM - Attempted grand theft auto. Police stopped him before he could drive away in a vehicle he had just broken into. He also had stolen property and narcotics on him. He was issued a citation and released back to society.
  • 2:20 PM - He was spotted carrying a box going house to house stealing jewelry. Another citation. Another release.
  • 8:50 PM - Landrum stole another vehicle and lead police on a pursuit. He was again issued a citation and released to society.
Last weekend a man in Chino Hills was arrested 4x in 2 days. Released each time.

7 high-risk sex offenders have been released from prison over fears of contracting the virus.

California man arrested 3 times in a day, given citations and released due coronavirus restrictions

My assumption is the $0 bail policy is a way to make sure the poor criminals aren't treated any differently than those that can afford to buy their way out of a possible outbreak situation in prison.

I get it.
But...
Unintended consequences: Anarchy.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
what happened to the LAPD? 20 years ago they would have shot that prick the second time they encountered him committing crimes on the same day .30 years ago they would have choked him to death

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
In an effort to keep jail populations down to reduce the spread of Covid-19 in the prison system, California has mandated a $0 bail policy.

It's obviously causing some problems.

Dijon Landrum was arrested 3 times on Wednesday.
  • 8:28 AM - Attempted grand theft auto. Police stopped him before he could drive away in a vehicle he had just broken into. He also had stolen property and narcotics on him. He was issued a citation and released back to society.
  • 2:20 PM - He was spotted carrying a box going house to house stealing jewelry. Another citation. Another release.
  • 8:50 PM - Landrum stole another vehicle and lead police on a pursuit. He was again issued a citation and released to society.
Last weekend a man in Chino Hills was arrested 4x in 2 days. Released each time.

7 high-risk sex offenders have been released from prison over fears of contracting the virus.

California man arrested 3 times in a day, given citations and released due coronavirus restrictions

My assumption is the $0 bail policy is a way to make sure the poor criminals aren't treated any differently than those that can afford to buy their way out of a possible outbreak situation in prison.

I get it.
But...
Unintended consequences: Anarchy.
I think it is intended anarchy

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
And to think, you can't even legally defend yourself in California, you have a duty to retreat there. It's pretty disgusting.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
what happened to the LAPD? 20 years ago they would have shot that prick the second time they encountered him committing crimes on the same day .30 years ago they would have choked him to death
The last thing we need is another LA riot.

But this is fucking dumb. Haul his ass in. He'll go tell all his mates that it's a free for all and they'll start pillaging too.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
And to think, you can't even legally defend yourself in California, you have a duty to retreat there. It's pretty disgusting.
LOL @ a duty to retreat. No fucking way that's real.

T

The Big Guy

california lawmakers are the biggest fucking morons on earth. I hope their daughters get robbed and raped by a career criminal that was released on 0$ bail earlier that day

T

The Big Guy

The last thing we need is another LA riot.

But this is fucking dumb. Haul his ass in. He'll go tell all his mates that it's a free for all and they'll start pillaging too.
They have been pillaging for years. California cares about everyone except crime victims

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Ridiculous shit, bring back capital punishment.

Nothing too serious, just a finger or 2, by the time this guy was down to a stump on one arm he'd learn his lesson.