Can Bellator recover from last night?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Last night had one of those weird feelings kind of like when you knew u were watching the last Affliction and IFL show.

Bellator took a HUGE hit last night theres no denying that.

Im not here to bash Bellator because I always like Bellator but oh man.

Every single fight was boring bar the main event.

Im not a sexist at all and I love women but holy shit that chick fight sucked.

Not only that but it made me uncomfortable to watch. Almost like they pulled 2 moms out of a Toys R US on Christmas Eve and told them to fight.

The Kongo fight was so lame that even John Mcain had to drop his stance against MMA as even competitive badminton is way more violent than that fight.

Main event rolls around and Patricky Pitbull is pointing out his new tat which looks like a drunk 4 year old drew on his shoulder.

The whole thing was just cringe city.

I hope they survive but who knows man

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
Last night had one of those weird feelings kind of like when you knew u were watching the last Affliction and IFL show.

Not only that but it made me uncomfortable to watch. Almost like they pulled 2 moms out of a Toys R US on Christmas Eve and told them to fight.

The Kongo fight was so lame that even John Mcain had to drop his stance against MMA as even competitive badminton is way more violent than that fight.

Main event rolls around and Patricky Pitbull is pointing out his new tat which looks like a drunk 4 year old drew on his shoulder.

lol the event was boring. but i think very few people are still thinking about. it didnt help bellators stock. it didnt hurt it. its a one time miss in my eyes. they will be fine

i love bellator nowadays

M

member 603

They'll be OK, but I can definitely see a shake up in their business operations.... Banking cards on old fighters as headliners, with guys who would be mid carders on regional shows as the remainder of your card, isn't working.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015

5 fights on the main card with 4 of them being finishes= boring.

Mayo fought till her eye blew up, and even then they had to make her stop.

Koscheck got dropped.

Tokov had a great debut.

Kongo's fight wasn't great, but it wasn't his worst either. Till someone can stop him, why would he quit fighting like that?

Pitbull knocked Thomson out in front of his hometown crowd.

It sucks that Fedor didn't get to fight. It really does. But if you can't find joy in the fights we got, which were given to you for free, then maybe this sport isn't for you.

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
oh man!!! i was going to make a bet on this yesterday for a near term cancellation

but then i didnt, bc i dont like creating bets for things that i dont WANT to see happen, even if i think they will

what a bummer. who were the big fights on those cards?
EDIT: no figiths scheduled for first link. BJ PENN VS LAMAS for the second link

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
oh man!!! i was going to make a bet on this yesterday for a near term cancellation

but then i didnt, bc i dont like creating bets for things that i dont WANT to see happen, even if i think they will

what a bummer. who were the big fights on those cards?
EDIT: no figiths scheduled for first link. BJ PENN VS LAMAS for the second link
151 was Jones vs Hendo and that was it. When they lost it they pulled the plug on the whole show.

UFC 208 officially cancelled, which was bound to happen eventually | SportsJOE.ie

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This was a kick in the nuts, a big one.
But I think more is being made of it because the UFC fanbase has been turned into whiny overdramatic cucks.

I'll be damned if I'm not going to the fight in May/June.
Bellator is here to stay.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
The pitbull vs thomson fight was also awkward pitbull caught him with a weird punch it was aesthetically pleasing for the viewer. The female fight was basically one pro with 4 fights vs an amateur with a 0-0-0 record

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Everyone knows teamquestnorth @teamquestnorth made this thread in jest, but lets be serious...was last night a great night for Bellator? No. Has every fight promotion had fights fall out at the last minute. Yes, including the UFC on several occasions. Shit happens...business will go on & this fight will get remade. People have short memories, and this will be blow over.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Aaron Pico
Ed Ruth
Tyrell Fortune
Joey Davis

They have a stable of young studs that they will be able to main event in the future. They're just not there yet, but the time is coming. Those four that I just listed are the future.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Everyone knows teamquestnorth @teamquestnorth made this thread in jest, but lets be serious...was last night a great night for Bellator? No. Has every fight promotion had fights fall out at the last minute. Yes, including the UFC on several occasions. Shit happens...business will go on & this fight will get remade. People have short memories, and this will be blow over.
I saw that some people were calling the card yesterday boring. I don't see why. I've watched the majority of the fights, and I thought there was some solid action all around(kongo aside)

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I thought it was pretty solid card too, love the pitbull uppercut k.o., they only fight were i went meh was the womens fight.