Can I show you where I live?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I may not be monetarily rich, but I like to consider myself to be extremely wealthy in life because I have beautiful family and I live in one of the most unbelievable places on the planet. I am going to share a couple of videos showing off my surroundings, because I love to show it off any chance I get. WHen I get cranky or down on life, I just head out by Jeep, boat or bike and take it all in for a few hours, then I return a new man with a renewed appreciation for what life has bestowed upon me. Check it out if you like!

This first video was taken when the wife and I found ourselves with a few hours on our own without the kids one afternoon. The road up the mountain is literally about 4 minutes from my front door. I head up there often on my own, but the best is when the ole lady and I can bust up for a beverage and some sexy time!

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Live your road trip vids, and the perfect integratiin of Soundgarden when applicable :)

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Ha, i commented before watching.
Who doesn't know Steve Miller?(well....)
And The Weight, Gimme Shelter.
PERFECT picks and perfect intro.
There is nothing like the mountains, especially the northwest, God's country man.
The smell, fire trails to who-knows-where with a guaranteed breathtaking view.
I don't feel myself until I'm in the wild.
And speaking of wild, I'm set to do an intricate pyro musical this summer to Wild Mountain Honey for PGI in Gillette Wyoming to represent the northwest.
I was able to gaze upon Miller's house in Lake Washington on a cruise around the Puget Sound.

Can you believe, I was talking to someone the other day who said, "Steve Millers only got one song".
WHAT???
LOL, WHICH ONE??!!!
Haha.
That's OK. When I was fourteen I thought the Doors only had Break on through.
Now my daughters thoroughly know their collection.
These are the days!

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This is a relatively short video my wife took while doing a day hike up into the Valhalla mountain range behind our place one day when I wasn't able to join her...........she said fuck it and went on her merry way without me. Upon my first viewing when I reached the .40 to .50 second mark, some of the sounds caused me to question whether she was all alone up there?

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Ha, i commented before watching.
Who doesn't know Steve Miller?(well....)
And The Weight, Gimme Shelter.
PERFECT picks and perfect intro.
There is nothing like the mountains, especially the northwest, God's country man.
The smell, fire trails to who-knows-where with a guaranteed breathtaking view.
I don't feel myself until I'm in the wild.
And speaking of wild, I'm set to do an intricate pyro musical this summer to Wild Mountain Honey for PGI in Gillette Wyoming to represent the northwest.
I was able to gaze upon Miller's house in Lake Washington on a cruise around the Puget Sound.

Can you believe, I was talking to someone the other day who said, "Steve Millers only got one song".
WHAT???
LOL, WHICH ONE??!!!
Haha.
That's OK. When I was fourteen I thought the Doors only had Break on through.
Now my daughters thoroughly know their collection.
These are the days!
You are awesome and you know I appreciate you...........but this it too good to let slide.

"Who doesn't know Steve Miller?"

Well, here it goes........that was Joe Walsh silly! Steve Miller is fantastic, but this one was all Joe! Lol!!

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You are awesome and you know I appreciate you...........but this it too good to let slide.

"Who doesn't know Steve Miller?"

Well, here it goes........that was Joe Walsh silly! Steve Miller is fantastic, but this one was all Joe! Lol!!

LMAO, HAHA.
I was even singing Rocky Mountain way out loud.
lol, that was too good to let slide.
i think it morphed into wild mountain honey, and I blame ambien for that!

Be warned, anything after this may sound eerily like a Walrus ;-)

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
A short clip of the magnificent beach which sits about 60 seconds from our door. That's my wife getting impatient with my son who is taking too long to jump off the pilon..........then my daughter with the bomb!

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'll just drop a couple more for you guys as incentive to get your asses up to BC and look me up some day! Those of you who are already here, as I know there are a few on this forum, well high five..........aren't we lucky?

This is my son last year at 12 years old skiing through some trees at our local hill in Nelson, BC. Beautiful scenery!

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
A little bonus ski clip because it's kind of funny. This is my kid's ski lesson with a few fellas from his class........the school closes down and everyone goes to the ski hill every Friday for 6 weeks every winter, and those who don't want to go stay home because the school is shut down. Anyhow, if your volume is up you will hear a funny little verbal exchange between to of the boys in the first 15 seconds where one boy thells the other that he "sucks a fat dick every day!" The other highlight comes at the very end of the clip, courtesy of my kid!

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
LMAO, HAHA.
I was even singing Rocky Mountain way out loud.
lol, that was too good to let slide.
i think it morphed into wild mountain honey, and I blame ambien for that!

Be warned, anything after this may sound eerily like a Walrus ;-)

Re-figured it out. It morphed into The Stake(SMB)
Similar rifts.:)

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Re-figured it out. It morphed into The Stake(SMB)
Similar rifts.:)
Wow!! You get a free pass for that. I never knew this before, but my curiosity sent me on a youtube search for The Stake and you're absolutely right. That was followed by a trip into Joe Walsh's wiki page to see if he put some time in with Stevie Miller.........negative. So one more google search came across some discussions about how Miller straight up ripped this riff off of Walsh's Rocky Mountain Way, and how he had been known for this sort of thing. My mind is blown by all of this new information!

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Awesome thread Walks. BC is an absolutely gorgeous province to live in and has pretty much all you need. Every once and a while I consider moving to a smaller town but for me Kelowna still feels small having come from Surrey. Okanagan is amazing.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Awesome thread Walks. BC is an absolutely gorgeous province to live in and has pretty much all you need. Every once and a while I consider moving to a smaller town but for me Kelowna still feels small having come from Surrey. Okanagan is amazing.
Thanks Bird. Ya, we are both lucky to be here. The Okanagan is beautiful for sure, and I love that change in geography as I am travelling through on my way to the coast........makes me want to pull off the hwy ride up into them rolling hills you've got out there. I spent four years in White Rock and Vancouver after moving out from Toronto years ago, so I totally get the who downsizing thing, but because my wife grew up in the Slocan Valley it was a natural move back here if we wanted out of the city, and the next thing I knew I was spending two years in a cabin deep in the woods with only a little wood stove for heat and an outhouse 50 yards up the hill behind us, lol! I'll post some pics of that some day, it was the greatest place I've ever lived. BC is stunning, and I consider myself lucky to be here!

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
W
Thanks Bird. Ya, we are both lucky to be here. The Okanagan is beautiful for sure, and I love that change in geography as I am travelling through on my way to the coast........makes me want to pull off the hwy ride up into them rolling hills you've got out there. I spent four years in White Rock and Vancouver after moving out from Toronto years ago, so I totally get the who downsizing thing, but because my wife grew up in the Slocan Valley it was a natural move back here if we wanted out of the city, and the next thing I knew I was spending two years in a cabin deep in the woods with only a little wood stove for heat and an outhouse 50 yards up the hill behind us, lol! I'll post some pics of that some day, it was the greatest place I've ever lived. BC is stunning, and I consider myself lucky to be here!
Nice! Where in White Rock were you? I did HS 8-12 there and its another decent city. Right now with 2 young kids who we want involved heavily in sports and programs and me working out of town we like to keep the family I'm a town that's not too far out there. We got friends on Nelson, they own a nice B&B there so of we go up for a visit I'll PM you and we can have a session and shit talk other members here.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
W

Nice! Where in White Rock were you? I did HS 8-12 there and its another decent city. Right now with 2 young kids who we want involved heavily in sports and programs and me working out of town we like to keep the family I'm a town that's not too far out there. We got friends on Nelson, they own a nice B&B there so of we go up for a visit I'll PM you and we can have a session and shit talk other members here.
Absolutely........let me know if you're ever in Nelson and I'll whip in for a couple of beers. When we were in White Rock we were in an awesome ole heritage house on Johnson Rd. (152nd st), at the bottom of the strip and right across the road from the 'Five Corners Diner' which was the best hangover breakfast spot imaginable at that time with their old school milkshakes served in those steel cups like this.......

When I came out from Toronto I went up north to do some bush work in the mountains, and when the season was over I went to White Rock to see my cousin (like my brother) who had been living there with his girlfriend from back east and they were well situated in this awesome little house with the white picket fence, and I moved in and we eventually took it over. Anyhow, while we were all there together for a couple years it was quite a scene with my cousins girl managing one of the best spots down on the beach called Charlie Don't Surf. That place was our spot for a few years where we knew everyone well, including the owner, and we'd often sit inside and party till the sun came up with the blinds down after last call. One of my best friends owns The Washington Avenue Grill which is a super nice fine dinings restaurant on east beach, don't know how familiar you are but I figured I'd mention it because it's a small world and you may know someone I know out there.

That town probably has more good looking people per capita than any other town in Canada, it was crazy! Anyways, much like yourself I couldn't be happier to be raising my kids far from the city. Today my son is skiing and my daughter is horseback riding. I need to get off my ass and fix that flat on my bike now so I can peddle up here for the first time this spring........

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Absolutely........let me know if you're ever in Nelson and I'll whip in for a couple of beers. When we were in White Rock we were in an awesome ole heritage house on Johnson Rd. (152nd st), at the bottom of the strip and right across the road from the 'Five Corners Diner' which was the best hangover breakfast spot imaginable at that time with their old school milkshakes served in those steel cups like this.......

When I came out from Toronto I went up north to do some bush work in the mountains, and when the season was over I went to White Rock to see my cousin (like my brother) who had been living there with his girlfriend from back east and they were well situated in this awesome little house with the white picket fence, and I moved in and we eventually took it over. Anyhow, while we were all there together for a couple years it was quite a scene with my cousins girl managing one of the best spots down on the beach called Charlie Don't Surf. That place was our spot for a few years where we knew everyone well, including the owner, and we'd often sit inside and party till the sun came up with the blinds down after last call. One of my best friends owns The Washington Avenue Grill which is a super nice fine dinings restaurant on east beach, don't know how familiar you are but I figured I'd mention it because it's a small world and you may know someone I know out there.

That town probably has more good looking people per capita than any other town in Canada, it was crazy! Anyways, much like yourself I couldn't be happier to be raising my kids far from the city. Today my son is skiing and my daughter is horseback riding. I need to get off my ass and fix that flat on my bike now so I can peddle up here for the first time this spring........

Lol holy shit man I can envision all you just mentioned like its right in front of me. 5 corners is a few blocks from the whaling wall and I used to hit up the Yuca cafe there, great cheap diner. The WAG is an awesome place for diner and drinks with a killer view. As a early teen I'd always go to that arcade in the same lot and play Rush the rock them go skim boarding by the res. Charlie don't surf is nice but I went to the Ocean Beach Hotel a few doors down from there more, I've cruised that strip countless times. My high school was on 148/16th so we skip and hit the beach often. That picture captures so much of what BC is, very cool.

Feb 28, 2015
I love BC. Planning a late fall road trip with the dogs to do a week or so, Van Island for a couple days and then make my way over to Banff and then back down. Should be fun!

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
These are awesome vids. I plan to make a trip up that way with my family soon. Absolutely beautiful country!

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Wow!! You get a free pass for that. I never knew this before, but my curiosity sent me on a youtube search for The Stake and you're absolutely right. That was followed by a trip into Joe Walsh's wiki page to see if he put some time in with Stevie Miller.........negative. So one more google search came across some discussions about how Miller straight up ripped this riff off of Walsh's Rocky Mountain Way, and how he had been known for this sort of thing. My mind is blown by all of this new information!

It's too bad that so much good music originated from someone else.

Here's Spirit's "Stairway to Heaven" before Zepp stole the riff.

And even fewer people know that Hollywood's favorite score composer, I.E. John Williams of Star Wars, Superman, Indiana Jones, ect., stole a LOT of his music.
If you've ever seen the sci-fi pioneer movie "Metropolis", you'll notice fairly quickly how Williams ripped off the composer who basically did Star Wars with FAR less to work with, Gottfried Huppertz.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Lol holy shit man I can envision all you just mentioned like its right in front of me. 5 corners is a few blocks from the whaling wall and I used to hit up the Yuca cafe there, great cheap diner. The WAG is an awesome place for diner and drinks with a killer view. As a early teen I'd always go to that arcade in the same lot and play Rush the rock them go skim boarding by the res. Charlie don't surf is nice but I went to the Ocean Beach Hotel a few doors down from there more, I've cruised that strip countless times. My high school was on 148/16th so we skip and hit the beach often. That picture captures so much of what BC is, very cool.
The world keeps on shrinking around me.......getting smaller and smaller all the time! I have been in the WAG fantasy football pool for 16 years now.......commissioned it for those animals for several years even after I moved away. It's been cool because there are 5 or 6 of us who have been in it from the beginning, while at times we have had Wally Buono and his son in it when Wally was coaching the Lions, and then we had Buck Piece in the pool for a couple years while he was playing QB for the Lions. Some of those guys cracked me up with the trash talk on the website message board after Buck would have a 3 interception game, they were ruthless. He was cool about it all, and only opted out of the pool after he was traded to Winnipeg or something. Cool that you know the WAG!!

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
It's too bad that so much good music originated from someone else.

Here's Spirit's "Stairway to Heaven" before Zepp stole the riff.

And even fewer people know that Hollywood's favorite score composer, I.E. John Williams of Star Wars, Superman, Indiana Jones, ect., stole a LOT of his music.
If you've ever seen the sci-fi pioneer movie "Metropolis", you'll notice fairly quickly how Williams ripped off the composer who basically did Star Wars with FAR less to work with, Gottfried Huppertz.
Zep prevailed in court, so you’re gonna need to take it back.