Can I start an awesome guitar thread?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Who Who doesn't know this one here? :D

it's a spoof, obviously. there are many vids like this, but the Yngwie one is the best!

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I know opposite point to the thread.... ....

sorry
WUT?????!!!!!!
I'm not even mental about technical guitar solos but that guy is something so very special.
Last time I saw Dream Theater I felt like I was the only person there and he was playing it just for me...such a twat.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
WUT?????!!!!!!
I'm not even mental about technical guitar solos but that guy is something so very special.
Last time I saw Dream Theater I felt like I was the only person there and he was playing it just for me...such a twat.
Ah shit, sorry man, I thought you were pointing out he's well known.

He is amazing, that video is a piss take of a instructional video he produced.

I like some of Dream Theatres stuff, not a fan of a lot of the singing though.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Ah shit, sorry man, I thought you were pointing out he's well known.

He is amazing, that video is a piss take of a instructional video he produced.

I like some of Dream Theatres stuff, not a fan of a lot of the singing though.
He's a gem. Eventually I'll get round to owning a Majesty, as soon as you walk into Guitar Center it's the first to catch your eye because of the change in tone depending which angle you look at it.

I get what you mean about the singing, a lot of the time it's like a parody of power metal and it took me ages to get used to how cheesy the vocals are sometimes.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
He's a gem. Eventually I'll get round to owning a Majesty, as soon as you walk into Guitar Center it's the first to catch your eye because of the change in tone depending which angle you look at it.

I get what you mean about the singing, a lot of the time it's like a parody of power metal and it took me ages to get used to how cheesy the vocals are sometimes.
Serious guitar, never saw one in the flesh though. Iridescent finish on his one? I take it they have a Petrucci edition?

Yeah big time cheesey shit, intentional or not its hard on the head.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Serious guitar, never saw one in the flesh though. Iridescent finish on his one? I take it they have a Petrucci edition?

Yeah big time cheesey shit, intentional or not its hard on the head.
Know what was cheesy? I went to a Dream Theater get together before the last gig I saw of theirs in a pub in San Francisco.
The winner of the DT quiz got to hang out with the band after the gig which would have been cool. I'm no DT expert so I was just listening in to the questions rather than taking part.
Nerdy as fuck, and I say this as someone who went on Buffy The Vampire cruise around the Caribbean and used to frequent sci-fi conventions.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Good to see this thread get a new birth. I completely forgot about it.
LOL @ me asking you fuckers if I can make a thread. What a noob!

I've posted some of BPF's work on music threads on tMMAC, but I think this performance fits in this thread...

Kevin McKeown is the guitarist/lead singer for the two-man-group Black Pistol Fire. (Eric Owen plays percussion and keys - yes sometimes at the same time)

Anyway, I love Kevin's guitar chops - and to see him perform live is a treat as he is an absolute animal. From a guitar-appreciation standpoint, check out this tune. I love his fingerpick style and his absolute flawless transfer of the guitar pick.

I've always sucked at pick transfers and usually revert to holding it in my teeth like an idiot. To watch someone do it like this over and over again is mesmerizing for me.

Pick switches at...
0:37 he pulls it out
0:55 he tucks it back
1:20 back out again
1:38 gone again
2:51 back out after a brief fingerstyle solo
3:36 gone again (pretty good view of his technique here)
4:00 back out again.
Then at 4:15 he triple-times this shit and just jams out to end the song in epic fashion.

Such a great performance. In a gondola. Haha.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz0Rox89_NQ